WICKED ASS HELPER FEATURE

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

WICKED ASS HELPER FEATURE

Postby Zero » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:16 pm

ok this is the idea alot of people need help on serious issue like building a computer window problems etc. but the forum are not the best places to post problems cuz when you cant install your mobo properly when building your computer and need help chances it will be an hour or 2 until someone psot a messages to help you so i thought a cool 1 on1 chat feature! heres an example

(CLIENT) JACK bulding a computer need help on installing ram he come to motherboard.org clicks on helper feature a screen pops up asking him if hes a helper or client JACK click on client a screeen pop up wat he needs help with JACK types "need help on ram" a messages is sent to every helper available a helper thats wants to help JACK clicks yes on the messgae and they are on a 1 on 1 chat the helpers helps jack install the RAM!

(HELPER) JOHN a friendly guy wanting to help people he goes to motherboard.org clicks on HELP feature a screen pops up asking him if hes a helper or client JOHN clicks on helper he is sent to a waiting area until someone needs help min later a message is sent to him and every other helper the message says need help windows error John click yes and he is on a 1 on 1 chat with the client

ONLY register users can use this feature
ITS FREE

i know it cloggs up banwidth so only people that download a special program can enable the feature and when the person is on a 1 on1 chat they use their own bandwidth instead of the servers bandwidth

so wat yall think of my idea its like a instant messanger but based on motherboard.org
any reply wil be apreciated
ya i know i suck at typing
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Toby B. » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:57 pm

the live chat idea has already been discussed. It is a bandwith hog and MoboCop wont do it. Hardware Junkie and I do have ICQ and I have AOL (AIM) as well; so the opion would be resticted to an actual instant message chat. If you did not want to wait..........

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby lil boi phreak » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:01 am

why not just have a room on a server in MIRC :?: sides....if there was a program like that...wouldnt that take away from motherboards.org? i think its a cool idea tho....i would loaf around in it all the time...hahaha ...prolly wouldnt much info to contribute....i could be like a bot or something...monitor the chat room and kick people who have potty mouths. Image
lil boi phreak
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Re: WICKED ASS HELPER FEATURE

Postby Toby B. » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:15 am

Zero wrote: but the forum are not the best places to post problems cuz when you cant install your mobo properly when building your computer and need help chances it will be an hour or 2 until someone post a message to help you
You know I was just re-reading the original post - and just to point out that the above quoted comment is hurtful to the regulars that are here to help......We do are best to get a quick response to the new posts as quick as possible. :twisted:

As far as case modding, in my eyes it's not as important as a serious problem like a "no post" or failed BIOS flash issue.

The moderators and a majority of the regulars respond as quick as possible......So at this point, the idea of a chat room on this site is going to be just that a thought......

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:57 am

like i said i know it hoggs bandwidth so if someone can make a program that uses instant messanger that is based on motherboard.org lwat im trying to say that if its a 1 ON 1 instant messanger it wouldnt use up motherborard.com bandwidth cuz the person will be using there own bandwidth to connect ot the other person mothrboard.org will only be sending data on who online every 10 mins are so i hope i explanining it good enough.... if i only knew how to prgram
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:59 am

lil boi phreak wrote:why not just have a room on a server in MIRC :?: sides....if there was a program like that...wouldnt that take away from motherboards.org? i think its a cool idea tho....i would loaf around in it all the time...hahaha ...prolly wouldnt much info to contribute....i could be like a bot or something...monitor the chat room and kick people who have potty mouths. Image
it wouldnt take away uses on motherboard becuz it wont let ppl have 3 on 1 chats only 1 on 1 chats with helper and client.....
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:01 am

maybe you guys are right if its a bad idea but i think my last 2 posts explained how it wont hogg bandwidth but then i can always get icq
:D
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Toby B. » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:09 am

Here is the link for the last time this idea got brought up:
http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=862

....And as far as getting ICQ or AIM they are both free instant messenger services.

http://web.icq.com/

http://www.aim.com/

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Re: WICKED ASS HELPER FEATURE

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:13 am

Toby B. wrote:
Zero wrote: but the forum are not the best places to post problems cuz when you cant install your mobo properly when building your computer and need help chances it will be an hour or 2 until someone post a message to help you
You know I was just re-reading the original post - and just to point out that the above quoted comment is hurtful to the regulars that are here to help......We do are best to get a quick response to the new posts as quick as possible. :twisted:

As far as case modding, in my eyes it's not as important as a serious problem like a "no post" or failed BIOS flash issue.

The moderators and a majority of the regulars respond as quick as possible......So at this point, the idea of a chat room on this site is going to be just that a thought......

Toby

my bad its more like 20mins not an hour i am sorry dont be pissed at me :cry:
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Toby B. » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:17 am

Dont worry about it Zero............. 8O

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master