little idea

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

little idea

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:34 pm

Hey mobocop, I love the search links available on the top right of the forum listing. You know... the
    View posts since last visit
    View your posts
    View unanswered posts

I use the top two alot, and occasionally the third one when I have time.

My idea lies in the "View your posts" link. Could this be sorted by the last reply date/time in Descending order? For instance, when looking at topics I have already posted on, I would like to know if there was additional activity on it. I can just sift through for the yellow icon by each topic title, but these can be randomly placed in the pages of topics I have posted on. Hopefully that made some sense. :)

Anyways, hopefully this idea appeals and is a possibility. Thanks!
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Re: little idea

Postby Toby B. » Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:36 pm

Johnny Mnemonic wrote: I would like to know if there was additional activity on it.
One suggestion is to go into your profile and mark the "yes" next to "notify me by email......."

The other option is to check the box on the "Post a Reply" page next to "notify me when a reply is posted"

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:23 am

I guess that is an alternative, except with Hotmail it blocks my cookies and I have to log in on each message to reply. I was hoping a simple sort would be possible in that one view.
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby datektrader21 » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:35 am

well you could use an email adress from your ISP
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Toby B. » Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:31 pm

I have not used Hotmail, but I have used other web-based email services in the past (Bluelights.com, Yahoo, excite) and never had a problem with cookies.........be sure that you have your cookies enabled - internet otions.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:43 pm

I could, but that would require setting up a POP account/software. Either through Microsoft Outlook(which I absolutely refuse to use), or the WinPOET bundled software. Since I use a router that takes care of all the PPPoE connections to my DSL account, every little unnecessary program I can keep off my computer is a bonus.

Anyways cookies are enabled, and my bookmark to this page works perfect. Logs me in automatically everytime.

Only in Hotmail, do they basically run all links through their redirector, which effectively prevents my cookie from getting confirmation that I am me, or that I have visited the site before.

But that's another issue, What I Originally asked was if it was possible to sort the "View your own posts" by the last active post made to each thread, instead of the current method. It sorts by the date I first posted to the thread, which basically doesn't do much for me at all.
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby jimfitz2128 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:42 pm

I use Hotmail and I get all of my messages from these forums.
jimfitz2128
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site