Motherboard??????????????

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Motherboard??????????????

Postby TheGreatPoo » Fri May 10, 2002 11:55 am

I have no idea what brand or model of motherboard I have so I will describe it:

It is an Orange micro ATX with built in video, LAN, and audio. It is running a 1.2GHz AMD Athalon processor. Two PCI slots and one AGP. On the chip set heat sink in the middle of the board, there is a printing of a bird and the words "T-Bird". Any ideas??? I need drivers for this mother board but I can't get them if I don't know what it is! I am also having another problem that is serious but I will explain that after I get the drivers. Thanx to anyone that replies!!!!! :x
TheGreatPoo
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Hardware Junkie » Fri May 10, 2002 12:13 pm

A bit hard to find with the information posted. If you can post the BIOS String from the boot screen (where the system does the memory test) that would be helpful. If that is not possible, post the chipset.
Also post if this is an OEM system, such as a Compaq or Dell...
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

I can say that.....

Postby TheGreatPoo » Fri May 10, 2002 12:48 pm

This is not an OEM make. Thsi computer has been piecemealed together. I do not know the chipset and I will try to restart and copy the BIOS information that you need. One thing I left out: On the chipset heat sink underneithe where "T-Bird" is printed, it says "AMD K7". I am confused because nowhere on AMD's website do they post anything about them making mother boards. Oh well. Let me get the BIOS info. BRB. :D
TheGreatPoo
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Well...

Postby Hardware Junkie » Fri May 10, 2002 12:52 pm

It'd be almost impossible to ID based on what you've posted. I would get lots of search results, just nothing I would need... :roll:

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Here's the bios info.....

Postby TheGreatPoo » Fri May 10, 2002 1:00 pm

After POST it said this:

AMBIOS Release 03/30/2001 s
62-0330-001437-00101111-071595-Sis730S-M810LR-H

That is the only significan't thing that I could find about it. Can't tell you the chipset because I don't know where they are. Usually you can see one or two of them but I think that they are all under the heatsink. I don't know. I'm no expert. Thanx for the reply and I hope this is enough info for you. Thanx again!!! 8)
TheGreatPoo
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Suspected as much...

Postby Hardware Junkie » Fri May 10, 2002 1:05 pm

PC Chips M810LR

Product Page (with manual download at the bottom):

http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M810LMR.html

Driver downloads:
http://www.pcchips.com.tw/driver.html

Video: SiS 730
LAN: SIS 900
Bus Master: SiS 730
Sound: AMR (SiS7018 Driver)

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby TheGreatPoo » Fri May 10, 2002 1:21 pm

THAT'S IT!!!!! YOUR A GENIOUS!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! :D :D
TheGreatPoo
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

One more thing if anybody doesn't mind.......

Postby TheGreatPoo » Fri May 10, 2002 1:32 pm

That serious problem I metioned in my first post, well here it is:

The computer will randomly and spontaneously restart itself when it is running. It resarts just like it would if you hit the reset button. It does this randomly and it doesn't matter what you are doing at the time (using the mouse, typing, any application, etc.). The only time the computer will not do this is if it is idle (I'm not messing with it, it's just sitting there). This is very strange and the same problem has plaqued not just this computer but two others in my office as well (both with the exact same hardware). Any ideas??? :?: Aswering in advance: yes I did switch power supplies, actaully I switched cases with new ones on both computers, the problem persists. Thanx to anyone who can help and many thanx to Hardware Junkie!!!
TheGreatPoo
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Fri May 10, 2002 3:05 pm

Spontaneous hard resets: underpowered power supplies or bad connection somewhere. You want to put an UPS in to make sure it's not line voltage drops that cause this (have seen that happen).
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Hmmmm..........

Postby TheGreatPoo » Fri May 10, 2002 8:43 pm

A USP sounds like a good idea. I wonder why it is only happening to this brand and model of motherboard? I don't think the power supply is underpowered because when I bought the new cases, they came with 500W power supplies. That should be more than enough for that motherboard, one harddrive, and one cd rom. Do you know where I can find one cheap?

OK one more (you guys are good), I was trying to find the brand of the motherboard on the internet and the site I was at asked me for the serial number on the board. I didn't remember seeing one before but I looked just in case. With the computer still on and connected to the internet, I reached in (I already had the side of the case off before hand) to move some wire to get a better view of the board. I had one hand secured on the case to ground myself. Then (this is where I become an idiot) I touched the fan on the processor and the computer shut down instantly. This time it didn't restart. Strange thing is that the fan is plastic. Well anyway, after that the computer will not boot or POST. When I turn it on, the fans power up and the little green light on the LAN card lights up but nothing else. No beep, nothing on the screen. Did I fry it or is it salvagable? I figure that the motherboard is pretty cheap so I dont think it is but I'm not expert. Anyone who helps me on this will get a big KISS! OK, don't be scared, I'll just love you forever!! :D
TheGreatPoo
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Next

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum