4.00 beta "pre-release" client available..

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby len444 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:31 pm

Default_Dave, i sent a PM regarding this. also, sent to Tulatin, and Wookie. i could post the link here i suppose, but at this moment i'm not quite sure. they make it rather obscure at FAH forums, so that being so makes me wonder about blatent broadcasting???
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby DefaultDave » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:47 pm

thanks for the help len!
DefaultDave
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby DefaultDave » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:51 pm

Tulatin wrote:(isn't it a big jump in version #s... .75?)

usually when the first number is changed (from 3 to 4 here) it means that its had major changes....like a change in the gui look or whatever. and the .**'s is when bug fixes are taken care of or stablity issues are cleared.

but it doesn't seem like FAH follows this rule of thumb cause nothing looks different at all...in fact only a few flags and 8 ID's have been added (that we know about).
DefaultDave
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby MstrBlstr » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:56 pm

Len444 wrote:i could post the link here i suppose, but at this moment i'm not quite sure. they make it rather obscure at FAH forums, so that being so makes me wonder about blatent broadcasting???

The Beta Team rules state that is is OK to recruit for the beta team as long as the people know what they are getting into and what is expected of them.

And as the link to sign up for the beta team is in a public forum, it is perfectly acceptable to post the link here as a recruitment......

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=3045

I made the Beta Rules Of Engagement very clear and precise for a reason.

If you would like to beta test and are serious about it , we would welcome you to the beta team..

The rules are simply there to try and keep all beta context in a single thread where it is eaiser to keep up with all that is going on in the beta testing, rather than have to dig through massive threads on numerous forums.

The only reason the beta testing thread is locked is to keep non beta testing issues from creeping into the posts.

Anybody wanting to join is more than welcome as long as they know the rules and agree to them. Breaking the rules may be cause for removal from the beta forum. It is pretty much on the honor system, but flagrant disreguard may have more serios actions taken.

So, please feel free to join if you are willing to do what it takes to beta test and accept the risks of beta testing.

Thanks people.... This thread has been handled in the utmost honorable fassion.

--MB--
FCF Site Mod
MstrBlstr

Postby evasive » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:51 pm

This thread has been handled in the utmost honorable fassion.

We take pride in doing so at this forum.

And you are most welcome sir.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:56 pm

Very nice job in keeping it clean. I just joined the team, and he got it from the beta section of the real site. It's a nice client.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Wookie8662 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:36 am

I applied for the beta test team.

Wont be the first time I've beta tested software, I know it wont be the last.

I'll keep my beta reports/comments in the "real" beta forum from here on.
So, if you guys/gals need info, you will have to join up and get the info there.
Wookie8662
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby len444 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:36 am

guess what, stanford has updated the downloads page to include a beta link to the v4.00 version!?! :lol: and after what i went through regarding the beta testing team situation, they now go ahead and release it. here's a link to the released pre release versions:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegrou ... /beta.html

link is at bottom of downloads page:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegrou ... nload.html

man i don't really care for the haphazard, and uncoordinated manner that this project is managed. :? :roll:
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby len444 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:20 am

it's possible that i was working off an older cached page, and saw the 3.25beta versions under the beta link at the downloads page, instead of the v4.00 version? now i see the v4.00 version. if this was the case, i would have approached this differently. i do have a "web proxy" configured into my firewall, which is to make frequently visited pages load faster. did it hold an older page? seems likely.
:oops:
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Southwind25 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:47 am

Do you see any speed advantage to the v4.00 version? Is it worth the change from the 3.25 version?
Southwind25
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team