folding very slow- new system build- need assistance

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby len444 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:16 pm

if folding slow is a problem, perhaps the core is bad. stop folding delete the core, and when you restart, it'll download a new core. this might help, though it might not. it's worth a try though.

maxing performace is good. just running the program and helping out is good too.

btw, i have a comp that uses the -advmethods -forceasm -verbosity 9 flags (all three comps config'd the same). i haven't touched it, and it's back doing a gromacs wu. keep the flags, and run the wu's. if Stanford hands out tinkers, then that's what's on the menu.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:18 pm

I've gotten a few tinkers with these flags in place, and it's no trouble, so long as it's not one of the stupid 1 point ones.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby danny the bum » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:05 pm

if folding slow is a problem, perhaps the core is bad. stop folding delete the core, and when you restart, it'll download a new core. this might help, though it might not. it's worth a try though.

Yea, that worked for me, the F@H was extremely unstable, then Len444 suggested I redownload at a non-overclocked state. Worked like a charm 8)
I have a belly button
danny the bum
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby len444 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:07 pm

danny the bum wrote:

Yea, that worked for me, the F@H was extremely unstable, then Len444 suggested I redownload at a non-overclocked state. Worked like a charm 8)

and install non OC'd. pretty much a general rule in installing any software.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:51 pm

I install just about everything overclocked on my part - not one issue yet, and my fah runs perfect.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby len444 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:40 pm

there's always going to be a variation of what you can get away with. general rules are just that- a generalization. i've helped a couple of people so far by asking if OC'd, and to drop it- and most in that respect had things work out better by doing so. universal advice for a broad spectrum of pc builds (and many variables relevant to motherboards, cpu's, memory modules, ram timings, cpu temps/ ventilation, ect...).
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:42 pm

True. Each situation will have it's variables and end up with different results.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Previous

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team