Check this idea out

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Check this idea out

Postby SupraDraco » Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:37 am

A bud of mine attached all his hardware and MoBo inside the top right hand drawer of his desk. The cords are kept neat with zipties and he can open and close the drawer with out worring about tangles or pulling out of the sockets. The only problem we have seen was a spider spun a web in it once!
SupraDraco
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby The Disturbance » Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:55 am

And then the little spider goes to the warm part then the PC is on and

ZIP!

You got yourselfs a little fired spider... Image
The Disturbance
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Juker008 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:36 pm

Roaches (not the smoked kind) have been found to feed on electricity. Sure I didn't believe it myself, until a friend of mine, Chris, had his mobo fried by a roach. Somehow a roach got its anteni caught between the CPU socket and the processor.... :roll: don't ask me how, thats what we think due to what we saw. But I saw it my self and smelt the room. The roach caused a short in the CPU and the mobo went into thermal meltdown. Like I said I have no clue on all the details but there was a cripsed roach right next to the CPU. I saw him take a flat-headed screw driver and 'scrap' the roach off the mobo. Sure the guy didn't take emaculate care of his CPU but I do remember him taking the time to clean his fans. So we both ruled out the possibility that the computer fried due to lack of circulation, also he never overclocked the thing. It was an old P3 based mobo.

Juker008
Juker008
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to System Modification