The Mother Board
Running the F@H client as a service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
son0rous
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Running the F@H client as a service Reply with quote

Here is a small tutorial on how to get the F@H client to run as a service. Its a big help if you have multiple users on your computer or if you leave your computer at the login screen for long periods of time because the program will run as long as your computer is turned on no matter what user is signd it. Also its a great way to hide that nasty bad the console version puts on your Taskbar. I did this myself today and it works perfectly on all users, but I must warn you it involves editing the registry so dont be stupid and mess things us, or at least back up your registry before trying this.
Click here for the tutorial
netstoy
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems simple enough, will take a wack at it. eek big grin
Ripshod
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still pass switches to the software (such as -forceasm) by just adding the switch to the registry application setting. So, from the instructions given in the tutorial we are left with a setting of c:\fold\fahsrv.exe -forceasm (assuming as in the tutorial an installation of c:\fold.
I hope you follow, explaining myself is one of my handicaps. wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: