America's Army

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

America's Army

Postby datektrader21 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:31 pm

anyone else played this new game created by our own armed forces. its free and it damn well should be considering it's us taxpayers that funded it :) the graphics are sweet and the realism of this game has only one equal. its been out for 3 days and already the servers are full. i think i see a new CS 8)

heres a some links for you.

gamespy download 201mb

and thier support forum

they even have a spellchecker in their forum, thats something mobocop should consider adding to this one. :lol:
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Hardware Junkie » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:02 pm

A spellchecker is only as good as the database it looks into for comparison.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby andrey » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:30 pm

too buggy of a game for me.
________
easy vape vaporizer
Last edited by andrey on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Pechorin » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:26 pm

I dont find it that buggy. The main issue right now is that the Homelan servers (who host the games) are flooded by the amazing and unexpected response to the game's release. They had no idea so many people would play. By monday there is supposed to be a patch that limits the game to players with ip's in the US to ease the problems. Once they can improve the server capacity, it will be opened to all NATO nations. SO, i think its an interesting recrutment idea and cool for all of us who like online gaming.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"
--Nelsen Mandela
Pechorin
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:45 pm

well i keep getting a connection failed message every time i try to connect to a game. also anyone know the fps command for this game so that i can see my frame rates
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby andrey » Sat Jul 06, 2002 8:02 pm

get fraps, it will show your framerate.

www.fraps.com
________
buy silver surfer
Last edited by andrey on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Aibohphobia » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:33 pm

new CS

Ha, yeah right.. Like Tac Ops was supposed to be a new CS or SOFII was supposed to be a new CS? They all sucked. I'm reluctant to waste the 30 minutes it would take to download this game, I will just wait for all the bugs to be fixed.
Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
A man, a plan, a butt tub: anal Panama!
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:36 pm

they say they already have like 500,000 registered users i don't think CS has 500,000 players
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:33 am

okay i played it, and wow, what a bore. and our tax money went towards a computer game. it's nice to know the u.s. government would rather entertain with 3d games than stop terrorism.

500,000 registered users because it is free, versus CS which costs 19.95. and to my knowledge CS is still the most played fps game on-line, which it will probably stay since the system requirements of that game are so high and it has so many bugs.
Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
A man, a plan, a butt tub: anal Panama!
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:27 pm

smartguy wrote:it's nice to know the u.s. government would rather entertain with 3d games than stop terrorism.

Oh come on, they can't have spent more than 1 million dollars on this game. With over a 50 billion dollar budget that's a drop of a drop of a drop in the bucket. especially when you think about all those 50,000 hammers we buy :lol:

As for boring did you just play the boot camp or did you actually go online?

Cs is so dated that I am surprised other games like SOFII have not been so successful.

of course the game is buggy! it should be, its only like 5 days old now. anyone remember how buggy CS was in the begining...hmm...anyone? of course you can't because that was like 4 years ago. counter-strikes simplicity is what keeps it online. and its plagued with cheating, i can't remember the last time i went into a server and did not get sniped from 1000 yards by a guy with a Glock 8O and for some reason it does not work well on XP. i say give them the summer time to work out most of the kinks and you will have one kick ass game. if not i will give you a dollar :P
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Next

Return to Games