The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:10 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ok i finally got me a motherboard the way i wanted and i just went ahead and got all new stuff.but what i was wondering was what would be the perfect size case for this motherboard.the motherboard is a asus amd athlon xp socket a a7v266-e via kt266a ddr motherboard.i probably wont get another motherboard so i probably wont upgrade after i get this case.but i want to get a case that would fit the motherboard and have plenty of room for me to get around in.and yet i dont want it to be to big.if you guys have any suggestions please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:41 am 
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

What's your budget look like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:44 pm 
Green Belt
Green Belt

Directron.com has some nice cases, the Chieftec ones they have a nice to work with altough they lack a removable MB tray. Pretty good price if you want a full tower 59 bucks plus shipping. So do you want a full tower or mid. Colorcases also has a huge selection or Newegg has some good ones also.

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:56 am 
Initiate
Initiate

i was looking at some of the how to guides on this site and other ones and they gave me a few hints to go by.like one was if you are keeping expansion in mind then you shoud get a case that would be big enough for that and also be big enough for yourself if your a big person.which i am cause the one i have now is to small and it gets crapped in there when i mess with stuff inside it.but i was willing to spend between 35-150 on a case but i did find one while i was looking yesterday.and i bought one from that directron.com site and it was a black full tower server case but their power supplies were to pricey so i found a 450w at a cheap price.i was hoping to get it all on the case but after seeing their prices i said to myself let me look around cause thats to much for my pocket.but after getting that case i still wished i had bought that one i seen on that one site that had a punisher skull sculpture on the side but i think it wasnt the right size i was looking for and besides i think it was over my budget.