Unable to connect to this site

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:00 am

you mean you can actually see it is a room? Lucky you...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby atang1 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:30 am

For Mobocop's eyes only.

Does that mean you only have one server? Denial of service would not happen, if you have at least two servers networked?

Hope your advertizing revenue goes up some, to get the second server. Recent advertizing reduction was due to the misconception that brand name recognition is useless. Household name recognition does wonders for people new to computers or motherboards. Editorials should never favour one firm, no one else will advertize here. Always, blame everyone so they have to advertize to get better comunications to customers.

Good luck on over 100k registered customers. Now, get some advertizers to pay for the second server, please?
atang1

Postby MoboCop » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:24 am

atang,

I currently have two servers. One for the sql and one for the html code, oh and one for Mobot which is languishing in lack of update hell.

While it would be nice to have load sharing between multiple servers and at some point I expect we will need it, I am not inclined to have a seperate server for development and testing.

Over the years we have had a very good uptime versus downtime ratio, and while it can be annoying when the server goes down while I am asleep it really does not happen that often.

The forum upgrade today affected the site for maybe 30 minutes. To me that is acceptable.

As for the advertising issues, it is a constant battle, and ad revenues currently have nothing to do with the number of servers we have.

Thanks for your input.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:17 pm

Keep up the good work! 8) :wink: We can deal with the growing pains. 8) :wink: HH (numbskull) :lol:
Luke 6:31
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby datektrader21 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:20 pm

Over the years we have had a very good uptime versus downtime ratio, and while it can be annoying when the server goes down while I am asleep it really does not happen that often.

you sleep 8O 8O 8O
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby MoboCop » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:26 pm

ocassionally I get to...
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby atang1 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:00 am

Thank you, MoboCop, for the info on servers.

I used to run a BBS, and can do some house keeping without shutting down. Do you network the servers with a directory service?
atang1

Postby MoboCop » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:42 pm

I do housekeeping without shutting down...
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby atang1 » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:41 am

If you do it like Microsoft modules for your application programs, you can change module software codes on the fly(change it in the hdd then update the dram cache), never have to use break. However, we used to have a lot of troubles doing doors. Timing loops to prevent hackers breaking in and switching application software in a single hdd for the customer. So, when the main application software has a directory service(network operating system directory invocation) and switches servers, that makes it easy; and we can have all the housekeeping too. Network administor have it easy nowadays.
atang1

Previous

Return to Forum Problems/Errors