Water cooling for BTX?

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Water cooling for BTX?

Postby dougsherwood1320 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:01 am

I have just completed a new media workstation that uses a BTX mobo and a dual core pentium D.
The HSF "thermal moduale" works fine but, is noisy.
Does anyone know of a water cooling solution for BTX?
8)
SOME THINGS MUST BE BELIEVED TO BE SEEN

MEMBER- MOTHERBOARDS.ORG FOLDING TEAM
>>>>>>>>>1,000,000 POINTS<<<<<<<<<
dougsherwood1320
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:20 pm
Location: YUMA, ARIZONA

Re: Water cooling for BTX?

Postby joshvee » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:28 am

dougsherwood1320 wrote:I have just completed a new media workstation that uses a BTX mobo and a dual core pentium D.
The HSF "thermal moduale" works fine but, is noisy.
Does anyone know of a water cooling solution for BTX?
8)
Any water cooling system should be adaptable to fit BTX. It's just a question of cutting the tubes to the correct length and finding an appropriate place to fit the water pump and radiator.
Image
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:13 pm
Location: Australia

Postby dougsherwood1320 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:10 pm

What about the way BTX mounts the water block? It is different than standard type HSF's. Maybe I could fabricate something? :?
How about a high performance HSF?
SOME THINGS MUST BE BELIEVED TO BE SEEN

MEMBER- MOTHERBOARDS.ORG FOLDING TEAM
>>>>>>>>>1,000,000 POINTS<<<<<<<<<
dougsherwood1320
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:20 pm
Location: YUMA, ARIZONA

Postby joshvee » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:48 am

dougsherwood1320 wrote:What about the way BTX mounts the water block? It is different than standard type HSF's. Maybe I could fabricate something? :?
How about a high performance HSF?
AHh ok u got me there. I thought BTX heatsinks mounted the same way normal heatsinks mount... just that the CPU was in a different position thats all.
Image
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:13 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Tulatin » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:30 am

Naw josh, the BTX holes are basically like 100MM farther apart than before.

Doug, just e-mail DangerDen, and ask them to make you a custon top for one of their blocks, just give em the specs and it should be good :D
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master
 
Posts: 14664
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:29 pm
Location: Canada

Postby joshvee » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:28 pm

Tulatin wrote:Naw josh, the BTX holes are basically like 100MM farther apart than before.
Info assimilated and memorised. :mb_afro::
Image
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:13 pm
Location: Australia

Postby drkCrix » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:10 pm

I know the TT 735 and 745 kits have BTX mounting brackets
drkCrix
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:20 pm


Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest