I dont like the heatsink i put on.... =(

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

I dont like the heatsink i put on.... =(

Postby cavesa69 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:12 am

I want to take off the heatsink/fan i put on and replace it with a new one. I also used the generic thermal paste that came with the heatsink. :evil: What i want to know is what is the best way of going about taking off the heatsink/fan and thermal paste from the CPU :?: The paste is what really has me worried. Im going to buy the AS5 and a better heatsink combo.
cavesa69
Initiate
Initiate

Postby ThEvil0nE » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:11 am

Sorry to see your HS didn't work with the case. The Antec P180 case (which I think is smaller overall with your case) didn't pose that problem.

With regards to removal of the HS from your CPU, you can use this procedure if applicable: http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... hp?t=84127

To remove thermal compound, I use nail polish remover.
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby cavesa69 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:04 pm

Well with the case i have the Mobo isnt directly onto the side panel. Its on its own panel connected to the back panel. Its actually pretty neat. I can slide out the entire back/mobo panel and work on it then slide it back in without taking off either of the 2 side panels. Also the HS i got bumps into the side fans because that is also about another 2 inches inside. Theres really only about 5-6 inches from the mobo to the fans.
cavesa69
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks