Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Robyn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:59 pm

I can't just .... NOT worry! :cry:
Robyn
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Sabrewings » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:21 pm

Robyn wrote:I can't just .... NOT worry! :cry:

Listen to Uncle Sabre, its fine. I think between Mr T and I, no one knows the IC7s more and you have nothing to worry about if all you're experiencing is a high reading. It takes thousands of dollars to make a completely accurate thermistor, and since motherboards don't cost that much, this is where you see those budget cuts.

If you don't stop worrying, I'll put whiteout on your screen where the temp values are. :wink:
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ThEvil0nE » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:26 am

Sabrewings wrote:
Robyn wrote:I can't just .... NOT worry! :cry:

If you don't stop worrying, I'll put whiteout on your screen where the temp values are. :wink:

You better stop Robyn :lol:

While you're at it... try to slap that tornado fan on the heatsink and see if that changes everything. If not... you just have to stop worrying and get back on track :P :lol:

pssssstttt.... look here if it ever need one :twisted:
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Robyn » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:11 am

The tornado fan IS on the heatsink. The 7 case fans are all orange TT ones. (it's pretty garish) I'll have to test out stability more at the lanparty where I can't look like a total wuss- and there's some liquid strength.

I want my old board back. This one's tainted with someone else's problems. I don't trust that abit fixed it all the way.

I'm not buying a new board until I can afford to go PCI-E and DDR2 and all that other new crap that I don't even read about for my bank account's sake.
Robyn
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Robyn » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:56 pm

Okay, while it does idle at like 47 degrees in windows, it does only go up to 55 tops either using superpi or playing games. Which to me is horrible but I know it's not damaging. And considering it's probably likely the board is lying I'm going to do my best in order to trust the machine and turn a blind eye to the numbers.

Afterall if it pops then I guess I get to go shopping don't i ;)

Meanwhile if anyone's getting rid of a max-3 cuz they're upgrading and it tends to report better temps I'd love a trade.
Robyn
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Previous

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks