evercool wc202

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

evercool wc202

Postby donald » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:35 am

What do you guys think would be better to cool a prescott 3.0ghz p4, a duct and fans or the evercool wc202? Looks real good, cool your processor, vga, and hard drive. All of which I am looking for better cooling anyways. Thanks.
donald
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Tolemac » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:22 pm

The Evercool WC202 is not as efficient as other water coolers on the market. There is no real need to cool the hard drive with more than a fan, so the radiator is working extra hard to remove that heat. I am also not a "fan" (pardon the pun! :roll: ) of bay mounted radiators as they are not as efficient as radiators that are either mounted at the back of the case on the outside, or outside of the case entirely. Ambient temps in the case are always hotter than outside of the case, so again, it has to work harder to do it's job. I read a review from BurnoutPC and the scores were so so.

It's definitely a "value" cooling system, so if you can't afford something better, (especially for a Prescott! 8O ) then it should be ok, but only just. 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

thermal take

Postby donald » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:53 am

I seen one from thermaltake that has the radiator to add onto the back of the case. Would this be a good one. I am trying to find an inexpensive one.
donald
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks