side fan?

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

side fan?

Postby biguglyman » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:59 pm

Built a system last year and set up the case fans like this: PS fan and another case fan just below it blowing out the back. The case also came with a side panel fan which I set up to blow in on the video card/processor area. Do you think this is the best set up or should I have the side fan blowing out too. Just curious. I'm not overclocking or anything and my temps seem ok. cpu=52, mb=28 according to ASUS probe software.
"A veteran... is someone who... wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount “up to and including my life”. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." - Unknown
biguglyman
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Tolemac » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:02 pm

If you don't have a front fan blowing cool air in, then the side fan is a must. 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: side fan?

Postby greytrains » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:03 am

biguglyman wrote:cpu=52, mb=28 according to ASUS probe software.

I would recheck your temps though. Your CPU is a little high. I had to reflash my BIOS on my ASUS motherboard to get the correct readings.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Empyre » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:50 pm

yea those temps seem a bit high, esp the processor...i have a simmilar cooling setup to yours and i run in the 20's to 30's....mid 30's under heavy processing, chances are your mobo is giving bad readings, i would flash the bios as greytrains said...update your chipset and flash bios if you havnt
Empyre
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby biguglyman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:28 pm

Thanks for the responses. I might also point out I'm using the stock retail hs/f on the cpu. That temp will drop to 48-50 as the weather cools off and it gets colder down here in the basement. :roll:
"A veteran... is someone who... wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount “up to and including my life”. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." - Unknown
biguglyman
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks