Winter and exhaust fan idea

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby scottla » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:14 pm

So what you're saying is that where you live, the normal laws of physics apply. :lol: Yup. You're right. Sorry, wasn't thinking.

But, you could get an external watercooler resevoir and put THAT outside the window, provided you let the machine run all the time and didn't let the water freeze! :wink:
scottla
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Twisty » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:41 am

Well a good thing about a water system is as long as you have a powerful pump you can put the radiator almost anywhere and the hoses will be much easier to hide than an air duct.

As far as I am aware the critical 'dew point' where condensation occurs is when there is a temperature difference of about 10C, (depending on humidity) between an object and the surrounding air.

So putting the radiator outside may be going a bit over the top but if you are in an old house with a particularly cold/damp corner to place the radiator in then you could warm the area up a bit and reduce coolant temps by putting the radiator there.

I did once read an article where this guy dug a huge hole in his garden and buried a large water reservoir there to supply his compy with cool water all year round!!!
I have now left the Building :tongue8:
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Previous

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks