The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:35 am 
Green Belt
Green Belt

I noticed some of ya'll mention the cpu temp and then the case temp. Where are you getting the case temp readings from?

Using Sandra or something? When I look at my cpu temp, I neva see anything bout the case temp!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:48 am 
Initiate
Initiate

I've got a ThermalTake HardCano 3 in my system with the sensor hanging from a round IDE cable in the middle of the case to measure case temp. My Soltek SL-75DRV5 mobo came with a cpu sensor AND an extra positionable sensor. I taped the extra sensor to the back of the GPU on the video card to measure its temp. If you only have one sensor, I would recommend a case temp unless you're going to oc the video and need to monitor that. The HardCano 3 has a fan control switch, HD fan and a temp monitor. The HardCano 2 is a dual sensor unit with HD fan so you could use that. Else there are other single sensor displays out there but the HardCano series fits right into a front 5 1/4" bay slot and looks real cool too!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:01 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

:evil: Well, well, well. I finally got fed up and took off the fan to see what was going on down there. First, I read how to apply the arctic silver on a website for reference. when I got the fan off i found a GLOP of silver pastey junk around the chip and very little on it. I could read the serial numbers on the bottom of the heatsink in reverse (is that normal?). there was also a square of rubber looking substance centered on the copper heatsink with the middle melted away. I scrapped all that crap off and followed the arctic silver instructions for application of their stuff. Low and behold, after I boot up, I am running at a cool 40C. Looks like PCDynamic - the place where I bought the motherboard combo- is going to get a little nasty-gram care of your's truly. 8)