what happend to my temps?

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

what happend to my temps?

Postby datektrader21 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:14 pm

ok when i was using my dragon motherboard with a volcano 6cu i was getting temps of 50c then i put a new xp1600 with the arkua 7528 with as3 my temps would stand around 10-11 degrees above ambient, right around 43c. now i have swiched to my asus board and my temp is currently sitting at 33c case temp 58c cpu temp. with only winamp, aol, mbm5 and ie running. now i realize its been 111 to 115 outside but come on. now its at 59c as i type :? :? im thinking maybe i have to reaply my as3 but these temps are just insane.

any clues. :?:

ahhhh my cpu fan just stoped spinning i must go now
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby datektrader21 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:23 pm

wheew i figured out part of it. in the Asus bios i had turned Q-fan on so the bios was deciding when to have the cpu and case fans on. and i guess the bios thought 59c was just a dandy temp to have without a cpu fan 8O

so word to the wise Don't Turn on Q-fan on the A7V333

so now i am at 51c i still think it should be cooler any suggestions
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Porphyria » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:29 pm

I've heard that Asus temps are more accurate than other mobos because it uses a more accurate temperature probe. Many people have reported higher temperature readings with the Asus. This may be the problem. 51C really isn't that bad under load though.
Kids in a fast lane living for today
No rules to abide by and no one to obey
ID This Quote
Porphyria
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Tolemac » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:09 am

Good tip there datektrader21! I never let the BIOS control the CPU fan. It can monitor it, but that's all.

Asus boards go back and forth as to their ability to accurately express the temps and voltages. So far, my Abit board has the best sensors that I've seen. Winbond if I remember correctly. The Soltek SL-75DRV4 was reading way too high for my tastes. Inaccurate to about 8*C.
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks