I'm still stuck on this peltier idea...

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

I'm still stuck on this peltier idea...

Postby jmstacey » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:11 am

If I got a peltier, would using my oem hsf work. Just put AS3 between the cold side of the peltier and the cpu, and on the hot side of the peltier and hs??? How much would that decrease my cpu temp?
thanks!!
-Jon-
jmstacey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby len444 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:53 pm

here's a link (flow of electrons remove heat from cpu towards cooling solution- appears to suggest water cooling in conjunction with- for serious overclocking!):
http://www.overclockers.com/tips45/
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Re: I'm still stuck on this peltier idea...

Postby Juker008 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:37 am

jmstacey2000 wrote:If I got a peltier, would using my oem hsf work. Just put AS3 between the cold side of the peltier and the cpu, and on the hot side of the peltier and hs??? How much would that decrease my cpu temp?
thanks!!
-Jon-

Ah John,

Just curious. Did u seal off the Peltier area to prevent condensation?

Juker008
Juker008
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby jmstacey » Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:18 pm

I don't have one yet, Juker008. I'm still thinking about getting one. How would I seal it off anyway?
-Jon-
jmstacey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Juker008 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:48 pm

jmstacey2000 wrote:I don't have one yet, Juker008. I'm still thinking about getting one. How would I seal it off anyway?
-Jon-

I would believe u would need to purchase a gasket. Try www.swiftnets.com they do have gaskets for sale. I haven't done or tried that set-up yet, but have been doing research so that I don't F-up when I do decide to do it. I also believe that u need to fill any gaps in the center of the gasket that allow pockets of air to stay. Fill in the air pockets with AS3 and there ur done, ur Peltier system is sealed from mosture so condensation can't occure.

BUT BUT BUT. Now here is a looming problem that I am still tring to solve. Well if u do what I just stated in the first paragraph then u did a great job in sealing the top of the CPU area. But what about the bottom? I would think that condensation will begin to accumilate underneath the CPU where it is not sealed off. But I was told by someone that clear-nail polish would work in sealing that area from condensation. But what I need to find is something that won't only seal mosture from accumulating underneath the CPU area but to also "insulate" the area. That way the condensation that might form underneath the CPU area, on top of the clear nail-polish coat, won't drip onto an unprotected mobo area.

Juker008
Juker008
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks