Newb in need of some serious help.

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Newb in need of some serious help.

Postby BloodyVirus18 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:14 pm

:? Alright people. I am building a computer for the first time and I know a fair amout of things about a computer. But what the hell is chipset. I can't find any internet site that can explain it in dumbass terms(because i am a newb and only 17).
I couldn't afford a real ATX case, so i made my own out of elmers glue, popsicle sticks, and ducttape:)
BloodyVirus18
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby BloodyVirus18 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:22 pm

Oh, and what is overclocking...
I couldn't afford a real ATX case, so i made my own out of elmers glue, popsicle sticks, and ducttape:)
BloodyVirus18
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby ThEvil0nE » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:54 pm

Chipset (in a dumbass way)- considered the brain and vital organs of your body. The chipset(vital body organ parts) controls everything on your system.

Overclocking(in a dumbass way) is like a system in steriods. Like your body, you have what we call "body clock" which we rely on our daily activities(mostly in resting/waking/metabolism etc etc). When overclocking, you alter the "body clock" of your system(clock speed/MHz/volts...). Altering in a way of increasing the default setting of you system. The increase of values you put the more the chipsets works and increase in performance. Like any steriods(being your body/brain or system/chipsets) they can be both beneficial and harmful. When taking steriods, it's advisable that you have propper medical(doctors) guidance. That also aplies to overclocking, you need individuals that can guide you and give you tips on "what to" and "what not to". Any steriods/overclocking when taken in an over dosage leads to permanent damage or death, death to you or death to your computer(either way you put it) :twisted:
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:00 pm

You may want to read up on some of the basics of computing and how everything works at http://www.howstuffworks.com/ , dumbass :lol:
Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
A man, a plan, a butt tub: anal Panama!
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby BloodyVirus18 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:54 pm

sweet, that makes much more sense. I am building a computer for the first time so I am very new at this.
BloodyVirus18
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks