Increase air circulation for $4.99???

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby andrey » Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:27 pm

to be correct, they are not supposed to exceed 18".
________
buy silver surfer
Last edited by andrey on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby ThEvil0nE » Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:56 pm

Just a thought... Why do people swear from one brand to another that they work better than the rest??? How would they even know that round cables perform well than standard flat ones??? How can they swear that some name brands work better than OEM??? Do they have something to measure things out??? Or they're just too overwhelmed that their brand of cable is some name that are more visible in the market that they think it works way better than others :roll: For heavens sake...they all use the same wire :!: :!: :!: :evil:
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby fishtank1 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:44 pm

well I can tell you this about cables ...Now I do not own a name brand cables yet... but I'm an electrician and have had expetience with cheap cables... some of the diffrence you or I may not notice but some you will. The diffrences come when companies add hardeners and other aditives into the copper as they make the cables, and the enviroment in which the cables are made, how long the cables sat on the reels (and where it was stored) before it was cut and terminated with the ends. I'll give an example company A makes High quality cables , the add the best hardeners or none at all the the plant that the cables are made at is clean, humidity and temp are just right and controled that way year round.. same as there storage. Now these simple little diffrences make little diffrences in resistance in the cable...dirt and humidity durring the process may cause imperfections in the processand thus increase resistance...ofcorce I'm being a little exadurated dut it does make a diffrance...Almost forgot an important one very important...the insulation...if company B uses a cheap jacket on its copper you CAN AND WILL GET LITTLE INTERFERIANCE like eddy currents or hysterieses both are on the extream side but can happen on low quality cables... Now for my best example from a personal experience bought an 8000 dollar home theater system Sony Vega36" , Sony DVD, Sony 5.1 recivere Bose acustimass 15's...and all the cables bought cheap ones... thought it looked great... untill a friend brought over some of his cables monster component cables the diffrence was astounding !!!!needless to say I bought a set! then did a little looking and found the diffrences I pointed out to you also forgot to mention some places Polish their cables (very good)some use a tinning process(not good)...these last two things that I mentioned play the largest role in good conducting of electrons ... Remember electron movement is on the outside of a conductor...not on the inside through it...just some food for thought! And thats my $1.00 worth...sorry about the length

SHOCKING ISNT IT!!! 8)
fishtank1
Initiate
Initiate

Cables

Postby chewie432 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:47 pm

How can you hook up 4 or so fans to one power supply if you already have hucked up you cd-rom, dvd, hard drive and your floppy?
chewie432
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Previous

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks