Need Help Figuring out Sudden Cooling Issues

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Need Help Figuring out Sudden Cooling Issues

Postby Martowski » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:53 pm

Hey all! I have a quick question. I built a 1 ghz AMD T-bird system with a K7-VTA Soyo motherboard. It always seemed to be running fine without overheating, and I used it for about 2 months. I just moved and, after brining the PC out of storage, it is suddenly overheating. Funny thing is, my windows VIA hardware monitor says it's the system that's overheating (122 degree F.). However, is says the processor is around 80 degrees when this happens. But, the BIOS hardware monitor says it's the CPU that's 120+ degrees, and the system is 80 degrees. Regardless, I checked my fans and they all seem to be working correctly. Any ideas??
Martowski
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby andrey » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:56 pm

since you mention you are bringing it out of storage, did you blow all the dust off the insides, fans, etc?
________
JUGGALO
Last edited by andrey on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby cangove » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:03 pm

When running open it up and see if you can feel the fans are pushing/pulling correctly, and free of debris.

If all this looks good the sensors (or the monitoring software) may be damaged. To test this you may have to get another temp guage (I use an More Spam Vomit, just make sure it doesn't touch any metal) to guage the real heat. Also try uninstalling/installing motherboard monitor to see what this does for you..
cangove
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks