The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:59 am 
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Hi i have an AMD XP 1800+ and an Asus A7V333 motherboard. I was wondering if the A7V333 board support and reads the thermal sensor built into XP chips? I read somewhere that all XP chips using the Palomino core have a built in thermal sensor, but not many mobos support that feature. My question is that does the A7V333 board read the temperature from this sensor? I use the program Asus Probe to read fan rpm's and mobo and CPU temp, my mobo temp avg is: 30C and my CPU is 53C, that seems like a huge jump in temp and my only reasoning can be that the sensor is reading the actual temperature from the CPU, i am running a Volcano 7 for CPU cooling. So does the Asus A7V333 read CPU temperatures right off the CPU's built in sensor?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:55 pm 
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Should do, thats why you have a "PC Health" option in the BIOS to show your temps, voltages and fan speeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:40 pm 
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

I have the A7V333 and my temps are about the same as yours. I am using the the same heatsink and have the XP 2100 Athlon. I don't know for sure on the thermal sensor. I had this processor in a Gigabyte GA-7VRXP and there was what seemed to a sensor right where the die would be, on the A7V33 there doesn't appear to be a sensor, so I assumed that it took advantage of the built in thermal sensor. Oddly, the GA-7VRXP and the A7V333 report about the same temps. I built a second computer for a friend using the A7V333 and used a XP 2000 Athlon and the temp reading is at 40c for the processor using the heatsink and fan that comes in the retail box. The second computer has only 1 80mm intake and 1 80 mm exhaust fan. I run 2 intake 2 exhaust plus my Enermax power supply has 2 fans.