Best Place for CPU Coolers

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Best Place for CPU Coolers

Postby Scotty23 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:58 pm

Well fellas, where would be the best place to purchase the Volcano 7+. I've been looking for it online and to be honest, I'm not really looking at the right websites. I did see one place that had it for $45. Surely that isn't a normal price for that fan is it?

I would appreciate any help you can throw me. Thanks in Advance.
--Scotty
Scotty23
Initiate
Initiate

Postby datektrader21 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:50 pm

thats about the norm.[url=www.newegg.[/url] has them for 44 +shipping and they are by far the best place to buy online.
Last edited by datektrader21 on Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Scotty23 » Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:39 am

Thanks Datek!

Out of all these years I've never purchased anything from New Egg. So they've got pretty good service huh? Guess I'll have to break down and fork out the money.
--Scotty
Scotty23
Initiate
Initiate

Postby bennettsweb » Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:43 pm

Yeah egg is good. Way better than the people at bzboyz.com -- I just got to put the boyz them down for holding my order a week to process all their upgrade options. Aparently they thought they had to wait and call me because I didn't select a heatsink w/ my XP 1900. I don't mind that they called me, but it was 8 days after I ordered! I think it was an excuse for droping my order behind the desk or something.

I paid $65 for a Swiftech MCX462 Retail Box. Great sink. I used it because unlike my Volcano 7+, it can be cooled from any angle and the only config that works in my pc-30 lian-li case is to blow air down from a blowhole in the top. or suck hole rather. Also about 4C cooler.

--Bennett
bennettsweb
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Scotty23 » Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:28 am

bennet,

I hear ya man. I had a huge problem with BZboys.

I ordered some passive heatsinks for DDR memory from them. 6 days after not receiving a receipt of my order, or some shipping information. I finally had to call them and find out what the freak was goin' on.

Turns out they were out of stock and waiting for them to come in. So they decided to ship me after 6 days some active heatsinks for the DDR memory and charged me double! My god I was pissed. I let them and all their rating companies know about it too.
--Scotty
Scotty23
Initiate
Initiate

Postby The Disturbance » Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:43 am

The Disturbance
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby ChicoMarx » Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:43 pm

I get all my cooling stuff from www.nexfan.com. Got the V7+ for $40. $38's the cheapest I've ever seen.
ChicoMarx
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks