Datektrader21

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Datektrader21

Postby Porphyria » Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:44 pm

Hey,
You frequently give recommendations for the Arkua fan. I'm considered about noise levels. What are your temps when using this fan? How does the noise level and cooling power compare with the Volcano fans? Anybody else have a quiet hsf solution that works well?
Kids in a fast lane living for today
No rules to abide by and no one to obey
ID This Quote
Porphyria
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:36 pm

right now just browsing the web my temps 41c cpu and 29c case temp. the cpu never goes over 44c. i really don't hear the fan, of course my speakers are always up. but it seems like it makes less noise than the volcano series.
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:10 pm

It makes less noise than the V7 and V7+ and 6cu+ of volcano series. Too bad the heatsink's copper core doesn't full cover the cpu.
Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
A man, a plan, a butt tub: anal Panama!
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:19 pm

Peter Taylor wrote:Too bad the heatsink's copper core doesn't full cover the cpu.

that depends on the position of the heatsiink, on some motherboards the way the hsf is mounted does prevent the core from fully contacting the coper core. but on others it works just fine.
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Porphyria » Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:21 pm

Cool. Those temps aren't bad. Any reccomendations for a good solid entry level case (mid tower or tower) for around 50-100 dollars w/o power supply? What case are you using to get those temps?
Kids in a fast lane living for today
No rules to abide by and no one to obey
ID This Quote
Porphyria
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:25 pm

my case is some generic mid tower thing from everybody's favorite store "FRYS Electronics" it was 69 bucks then i added a raidmax dual fan 400watt psu, 2 8cm case fans and a slot fan. one of the reasons my case stays so cool is the fact that the room itself is kept cool [unlike some other people's rooms i know of] i also have two case badges on it but i doubt that helps with cooling.
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks