The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dell to ATX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:36 am 
Green Belt
Green Belt

Does anybody know of any websites that will help me accomplish this? I have an ATX pc, but I want to do something maybe a little different. After I am done you wouldn't even recognize that it was a Dell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:50 pm 
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

short of gutting the Dell case and transplanting the guts to a non dell case, not quite sure what your asking for..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:43 am 
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

You could always pry off the case badge (Dells always have 'em) and repainting/transfers is always an easy option. Also, hacksaws and/or blowtorches make pretty effects :-) and it certainly wouldn't be recognisable as a Dell afterwards... maybe you could post a photo of it or give the model, since many Dells look different, and we could offer suggestions. Painting is the most obvious though - give it a themed appearance: http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... -case-mods

I like the Wolfenstein one, although the Doom mod is... imaginative. I once did a Wolfenstein-inspired case repaint, it was rusty grey with red and white striped front panels, and mechanical switches on a blank front plate. It was fun to do, if not terribly brilliant (I'm not such a painting artist). I think there's an old photo of it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Also, http://www.creativemods.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

Work server: HP ProLiant ML350 G6, hexacore Xeon E5645 2.4GHz (12 logical cores), 16GB DDR3, 3x300GB SAS RAID5, Server 2008 R2, nVidia GT560Ti 1GB for Hyper-V RemoteFX acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:02 am 
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

I'm halfway through a Dell mod myself..
Not the easiest job to do, as the motherboards and cases are built to Dell standard spec. (EI, Not strictly ATX)

A board transplant into another Dell case isn't so hard.
Just means drilling & riveting.
I can well imagine trying to put a Dell system into a standard case being a real PITA!

Mine's pretty basic atm, but it's a server.. so I don't want to overdo it.
http://www.pclincs.co.uk/Forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8257

It's not a great thread, but I'm gonna update it soon to put the new mods in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:54 am 
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Hey, that first photo is a Dell PowerEdge 1300/600! I have one of those around here somewhere! I think it's broken up into parts now, but if you (or anyone) want the original motherboard/processors/PSU etc, I could dig them out...

EDIT: I think I sold my dual P3-600s on eBay but I still have the original P3-400 and terminator card, as well as the green air duct and various other bits. Anyway nice thread, keep us up to date with your other projects!

Work server: HP ProLiant ML350 G6, hexacore Xeon E5645 2.4GHz (12 logical cores), 16GB DDR3, 3x300GB SAS RAID5, Server 2008 R2, nVidia GT560Ti 1GB for Hyper-V RemoteFX acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:50 am 
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Thats a dual P2-400, but yeah.. I could certainly use a better pair of CPUs in there. :)

I'll start a proper thread on here later with some updated pics.
More mods planned, so deffo something I should post.
/end hijack. :D