PC lights

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

PC lights

Postby SquiggDoggs » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:42 pm

ive asked a power supply question before and i have added a few more things so would like to know how much power i need...according to my manual im going to need about 450W ps...i was going to add a set of sound activated cold cathode lights and a set of meteor lights...each 12in long...how much more power would i need to safely run this many lights
SquiggDoggs
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Sabrewings » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:27 pm

Cold cathode lights use about 3 watts for every 12-inch tube.

Here's a good PSU calculator to help you determine what your system will pull at theoretical full load (every part going as hard as it can, which never happens in real life).
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby SquiggDoggs » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:08 pm

okay i did one of the ps ratings and it said i should use about 503W i had everything set to 100%...what is the surge compensation and capacitor aging...do i need to take these into account and what percent should i put them on.

one last question...what are some good brand power supplies...ya know ones that dont cost and arm and a leg
SquiggDoggs
Initiate
Initiate

Re: reply

Postby Toby B. » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:16 pm

SquiggDoggs wrote:one last question...what are some good brand power supplies...ya know ones that dont cost and arm and a leg
You get what you pay for!!!
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Sabrewings » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:29 pm

A quality power supply is going to cost some money. I wouldn't buy a PSU for less than $60 and really trust it to run a high end machine.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to System Modification