TribalOverkill's LiquiD EvolutioN

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:31 am

Almost done! When I got back today I will finish these! Then I will start on the shields for them. These these look HOT! OMG!

Jan-08-2007 (xPRZ5331r & sPT567dr)

Here I'm making the arm thingies to hold the ring structure to the shaft. Using the drill press like a milling machine again. Work very well.

I am cutting a groove on the end of the arm thats going to rest against the shaft. Makes a better seal this way. A stronger bind seeing that more material is touching. I have done this before.

See that little groove? I do it just enough for more contact but not to much. I'm only using an 1/8" nit there. The shaft is 1/4".

This time I am gluing the arms to the effect first. Not like the last time where I glue the arms to the shaft and then slide it in. I wouldnt be able to do that this time.

All done! Ready for assembly!
Image Image

Here there are glued together and ready to be ground down to shape.
Image Image Image

How wicked is that!

OMG HOW WICKED IS THAAAAAAAAAAAAT! Look at the weird reflection on the inside of the tube! kind of like the rings are twisted into bowtie!! I bet it's sweet looking when it's spinning!

OMG,... it's like breath taking. You have to see these things in person. These pics do nothing for these res's.

That is just nasty looking. Man.

Here I have all of them sanded down to 120 grit and ready for wetsanding.

xPRZ5331r's with one shadow version.

sPT567dr's with one switching version.

Here's something I have been keeping from you,................ a snapple reservoir. I call is rezapple! How cool is that! It look just like a snapple bottle! I bet that would look HAWT inside ANY machine! People will be like,... "Hey,... is that a snapple bottle you have there for a res?", You'll be like,...."Hell yea!". Looks just like a snapple bottle. Where do I get these ideas from! AHHHHHH!

Here's one fo the zPRZ's. Check out the new overall shape. I think it's hot because it look simple and more flush? Or sleek? something. What do you think?
Image Image Image
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Sabrewings » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:08 pm

:mb_bow2u::
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:21 pm

RESERVOIRS ARE DONE! So damn cool!

Jan-11-2007 (xPRZ5331r & sPT567dr)

Here they are! Complete! I would of posted this a couple of days ago but I F@#$ed up two of them and had to rebuild them after making some parts. I forgot to glue and area on each reservoir. I kn ew thhat I was absolutely screwed at that point because I already did all the sanding and grinding. If I glue after that it will craze, which it did. No big deal though. While remaking those I made a 5th xPRZ!
Image Image Image Image

Lit up
Image Image Image

Again,... look at the reflection.

Here are the sPT567dr's! Now,... these are cool but the color of the water is kind of pale. I was running out of coloring. Just use your imagination.

See how one switches the colors and the other keeps the colors on each side?

I turned the res's in this pic.

Now,... here's the SHADOW xPRZ!!!

Basically a tinted acrylic was used so you can use an color of coolant inside the res. Looks very weird and DARK looking,... like scary dark. I was scared watching it:(
Image Image

xPRZ5331r
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4

Shadow xPRZ5331r
Video 5
Video 6
Video 7

Now,... there is a small problem I ran into when I turned these reservoirs on. The jet from the inbarb is pushing the spinfx up against the bubble trap. When I first turn it on you can see it hesitate to start because of the fact that it's being pushed up. The reason being because the hose barbs and to far from teh center. They are right under the ring structure. When I send these to acryan I am going to sand them an illustration with details on how to fix it. I would fix it now but It would be a wasite of time. These are only prototypes. They turn each and everytime I start them. It's just the 1 - 2 second hangup on start. Anyways,... going to post these on my product polls. I expect each and everyone of you to vote on them!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:41 am

New shield mock-ups! These things are SMOKIN HOT! They are a bit different then the last ones I made. This time they fit over the top and bottom of the reservoir so that they can be used nicely with any of my reservoirs 4" and up. Each shield gets fully mounted to a singel bracket this time as oppose to the last where each shield was mounted to both brackets making it impossible to adjust where you want the brackets. These you slide the bracket where ever the hell you want! To the pics!

Jan-16-2007 (tZOS194s)

Here they are! How cool is that! I made them last night while at work! LOL. They dont't cover all that much. Just the bracket and the ends of the reservoir. Which is basically all I want covered.
Image Image Image Image Image

What do you think? You like them? Let me know!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:50 am

Ok,... started fixing the xPRZ's today. They are almost done. I didnt finish because I wasnt in there all that long. I wasited alot of time trying to decide. Plus I left early because I'm so tired and sick too. I took a lot more photo's of sPT! I even have a friggin video of it too! As I was taken the video I noticed something about it. You'll see in the video and definitely the pics. I used my digital camera to take videos today and it's so much better then my phone. I really need to get a good camera that takes good video too. Anyways,...

Jan-17-2007 (xPRZ5331r & sPT567dr)

sPT's,... I tried getting video with the UV light on it and the camera couldnt see the res for whatever reason?!?!? So I used my bright white LED flashlight and it actaully worked pretty well lighting it up for the camera. Here's the first pic,...

Here I turned it 45 degrees. You see whats happening?!?!? Cool ehh?

Another 45 degree's,.... now the colors are switched.

And another 45 degrees,... you see it? It's like gradient. Gradient right? One color sliding into another? Yea thats right.

In front of the garage door,... you can see it real good. the movie is at the end. Then there's,... me.
Image Image Image Image Image

Dork. Trying to look GQ next to my shiat.

Smart ass.

HA HA HA,... yeeeeeeeAAAAAA. Ok. You see I have fun,... in the studio,.... all alone. this is whats happens when I'm alone for to long!!!! LOL. Joking. Actually im not.

Movies! Here's the sPT. I'm basically turning it for you so you can see what it really looks like.
Video 1

NOW! Here's the xPRZ with the new bottom. I fixed one to see how well it would work. Well,... first watch the videos and I'll explain at the end.
Video 2
Video 3

Now the xPRZ fix basically slowed down the ring thing. It's looks better now! It lets you see more of the effect now. I knew it was going to slow it down. Thats what I wanted. I also want it to stop lifting the ring thing. It still lifts it. I cant stop that from happening. The thing is that I am almost sure that the same thing it heppening with the xPO's. The coils of the xPO's and the ring things are actually floating. The xPRZ's dont hesitate like they use too. Now check this out,... something else I learned. The water inside really isnt spinning all that much at all! It's spinning but it's mostly turbulent inside. Twhats turning the ring thing are the arms as they pass over the jet of water from the inbarb. I thought I noticed the ring thing like pulsating. It is. It's like pulsating just a bit. The xPO's weren't pulating. REason being because the coils of the xPO's had 4 arms per end. The ring thing only has two. so, because of that theres to pulse with the turn. The ring thing is also aiding this pulsed looking motion. It was hard to tell whether or not it was pulsating or not. The ring thing it self looked like it was pulsating the the arms connected to the shaft looked as if it was spinning around smoothly. So,... it's hard as hell to tell. I was seeing a lot oof weird s@#$ going on the longer I stared at it. I swear it looked like it was slowing down,.... and then speeding up real fast! I had to look away, focus on something else and then look again to see if it was really down that! AlSO! If you look at it just right,... it looks like two coils, one going down and the other going up. That and rings rolling off each other. Crazy shiat i tell ya. Let me know what you think. I'm going to bed.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:55 am

This is actually two updates in one seeing that I forgot to bring my camera home the other day so yea. Here's what I have been doing. Testing. Lots of testing to remaking. I remade these damn thing like twice. Kind of. Not all the parts but yea. I remade all the outer stuff once and then I remade new bottoms after that. I'm trying to get these things perfect before I ship em out. Here's the deal,...

Jan-21-2007 (xPRZ5331r & sPT567dr)

Since yesterday I thought this was the bottom port arrangement. Comes to find out that this isn't good enough. This port arrangement, the angle of the ports, and the ornament inside are all contributing factors that are keeping the ornament from spinning.

Here's the old old arrangement.

Both arrangements side by side. Both of these are old.

Here's a BIG factor. Originally, this ring structure only had two arms per side holding it to the shaft. I did that fro simplicity. Well,... these arms not only hold the structure to the shaft they are also paddles. They are what is needed to move the structure. the really old xPO,... the first one, used spinning water to move it and keep it moving. Thats was cool and all but it was to fast plus any bubbles inside were getting sucked down into the out port. Thats why I needed the bubble chamber. Also,... the coil structure had 4 arms per side. Thats why it was so smooth, that and the very bottom was flat as hell.

So as you can see I added three more lower arms. The bottom of the structure as 5 arms total. The top most arms isnt needed anymore. Going to talk to acryan about leaving that one out.

Here's the new bubble pane. Only 4 holes but they are larger. I had some trouble filling the reservoir using the old smaller holes. After trying these, I fond that it made no difference. The trick is to fill the reservoir upside down and then hook it up to the system. Then top it off through the top. The water has trouble passing through the holes. The funny thing is that this is new. I dont remember having this problem before with the xPO's. I dont know why. Anyways.
Image Image

New bottom angle. I gave it an extra 5 degrees making it 15 degrees total. This will give some more torque for turning.

new next to the old. It's not alot but it does help.

This is where I left off the other day. I tested it when I went back,... which was hours later. I wanted them to cure as much as possible before using them. Now to my surprise,... these worked a hell of a lot worse then the others!!! I couldn't believe it. There was no reason for them to work even worse. I knew had had to be something stupid. SO,...

I went back to the drawing board and came up with a new port arrangement. This time I dropped the in port back from where it was by 1/4". Why? $%^!@# I wish I couldnt explain it to you,... in theory, I think the water jet from the port will be in contact with teh arms of the ornament longer. It all has to do with the angle of the ports and the arms. The arms pass over the port sooner now,... and when the arm is moving off of the port, it's in the best position along its path for the angle of the port. LOL. You get that? I dont even know if thats and accurate description. I would have to draw it out for you. lol.

Drilling them holes. Water as coolent for faster drilling. With this bit, it's one pass drilling. Love it.

Counter sunk holes are perty. Make sure your countersink is sharp. You should get ribbons like the ones in the pic. If not then you'll just melt your holes. I countersink before tapping and then do it again after to clean away and yuckiness. sinking before helps with tapping. Easier to start the tap and theres less chipping during. If there is any chipping or burrs,... that will get clean away with the second sinking.

I domed the bottom of the shafts. The flat surface that was before was not helping. especially with the new reservoir bottom.

The new port arrangement with comparison with the shaft. Looks crooked I know,... but it's not. It has a purpose.

A better shot?!?! I hate this camera.

This is where I am now. TO THE MOVIES!

WHAM,... so yea. The TEST RIG,... Blackout. Here's what I hooked up. One D4 pump, a DD AMD64 cpu block, a DD NB block, 2 DD heatercores, and one reservoir. You guyz should be familiar with the heatercores I have for blackout. Pretty damn big. This is what happened initally,..
Video 1

As you can see that D4 pump is kicking some ass! Pumping though all that and still was able to get and keep the rese turning! It's to slow though. If someone was using a 1/4" system I dont even know if the reservoir would turn. Maybe.
Video 2

Now,... here's the newest design. It's spins a lot better.
Video 3

Here's what it looks like on start. It diferent each time. Depends where on where the arms are.
Video 4

Here's a movie with two D4 pumps. One before and one after the reservoir, pushing and pulling.
Video 5

Now,... here's the deal. To be safe,... everyone knows that the moe stuff you have in a loop the more pressure you will have. That just means the slower this thing will spin. So to be safe,... the ideal setup for this reservoir will be one dual size radiator, one decent pump, two blocks, and the reservoir. In the videos I have one extra heatercore in that loop. That can be swapped out for something else such as another block or whatever. These videos should give you an idea of how well this works with water. These reservoirs were designed with a 1/2" system so for any other size,... thats a risk your going to have to take. I dont see why it wouldnt work with 3/8",... it's the 1/4" systems that I'm worried about. Later on down the road I will figure out a better system for making these things move. For now they are just fine. I'm going back to finish them up for shipping tomorrow. I have to get some sleep first.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:08 pm

Ok done. Final product. As said before, this reservoir was designed and tested with a 1/2" watercooling system. I cant promise the same performance with any other size system. But,... I don't see any reason why a 3/8" system wouldn't work well with this reservoir. I just haven't tested that size so I cant tell you how well it will work. 1/4",... that I dont know. Maybe,... if you were running a small loop SIMPLE loop. I dont know. I tested this reservoir with what I think a BIt more then what most run. I am assuming that the average system consists of a decent pump, 1 x dual size radiator, and 2 x blocks. A dual size radiator from my understading is actually smaller then one of these heatercores I have here and I ran two of these heatercores in my test setup. How well these heatercores flow coolant compared to other radiators,... that I dont know. I am also aware that different blocks flow better then others. This difference I would think is not enough to keep this reservoir from turning, lol. Anyone with watercooling experience knows that the more you have connected within a loop the less pressure you will within your system. The less pressure you will have at the end of the loop, the end being the suction side of the pump. This reservoir was positioned at the end of the loop where there is the least amount of pressure. I know that some like to have their pumps sucking right from the reservoirs to cut down on pump noise. this makes sense to me so thats why I tested it this way plus it's a worse case scenario so anything else should be better right? I imagine putting this reservoir first in the loop, right after the pump, it should spin up a lot faster. The thing is that you want a balance though. You do not want it spinning to slow and you dont want it spinning to fast. it's up to you. So yea.

Jan-22-2007 (xPRZ5331r & sPT567dr)

Her;s the final res. Notice, I lefted the top unrounded. I actually liked it without the rounded edge. Reason because it matches the other side which is not rounded.
Image Image Image

Some more movies for you guyz,... First movie, this is how I cut away the excess on some of the reservoirs. Very quick and clean.
Video 1

Here, I'm messing around with the reservoir and a compressor. Reservoir spins pretty fast. Didnt want to spin it to fast. Was afraid the ring structure would like,.... break. Sounds like and engine, lol.
Video 2

If you havent noticed already,... this update is dated for tomorrow. REason is because that last update is one day ahead. So I'm goign to to keep dating it one day ahead until I miss a day. Going to clean up the shop tomorrow and get started on them shields! Also going to talk to A.C. Ryan about getting me my metal fab stuff so I can continue on with cEVO(case evolution) and I can make some better stuff for lEVO too. S@#$,... I can make better stuff for blackout too! Very soon!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:46 am

Ok,... xPRZ's and sPT's are on their way to taiwan. Now,.... time for some more levo, blackout, and even some cevo too! This is what I need from you guyz,... I need a watercooling test rig. I need to know what you think this rig should consist of meaning,... types and brands. I need a pump, radiator, and some waterblocks. Now,... i want this to be a somewhat average system. I think an average system would conist of one dual sized radiator right? I was thinking about getting another heatercore seeing that are a bit bigger then the average dual sized radiator. The D4 or what is it now? D5? I think I would like to get another one of these pumps. I also think the average system runs 1/2" tubing right? I am thinking I should run a smaller tubing say 3/8" but I'm not sure. I am thinking 1/2" is fine. Waterblocks? I'm thinking a CPU block, a NB block, and possibly one of those big ass video blocks? Kind of like the one I have for blackout? How many people run those big ass video blocks? even if not many you think I should gt it anyways just so I can say thats the reservoirs work with it in the loop? Think about it this way,... if I run 1/2" tubing where most peple run say 3/8" but I have one of those big ass video blocks in the loop where most people dont have them,... my system would even out with theirs because of that. You understand? Suggestions please:) Check my cevo log too. I'm about to post something like this for it too.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:29 pm

Been sick,.... again. Friggin hospital is killing me! We're sharing germs like crazy up in there:( I'm feeling better now so I went to the studio to get some work done. Worked on the shields.

Jan-29-2007 (tZOS194s)

Making 3 pairs. One for me and two for the company. I cut these pieces of aluminum a bit to big. Oh well. Better then cutting them a bit to small I guess:)

These are going to look so damn hot.

Taped and glued them together. Two stacks of three.

I had drawn and cut away the tape. I drew these things out twice. That kind of took long. I didnt know what would of taken longer,... drawing one out and totally finishing it and then using it to trace onto the new one. Whatever.

Thats all I got done today. I was there for several hours doing that. Yes. It took several hours. Anyways,... I think I'm going to work on Blackout tomorrow as oppose to these things. I think I might do an everyother day basis for now. What you think?
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:52 pm

Dang... talking about takin it to the next level :o

Very nice
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification