TribalOverkill's LiquiD EvolutioN

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 am

I'm BACK! Oh my god it's good to be back! Wow,.... I'm so excited:) So yea. Your probably wondering what the hell happened? Well,... there's a couple of reasons. One of the reasons being that I took on an order placed by some reseller in Germany. I made,... 30 xPO's, 30sPL's, and 30 sets of the shields I designed. I named them rSCB432s. the other reason being patents, copyrights, and other forms of protection. I do not want other commerical companies stealin my designs. You, the modders who mkae up this great community can copy my stuff all you want. Anyone who wants to copy mystuff for their personal use is fine by me. Anyone looking to make money off my work,... I dont think so;) If anyone needs help copying my stuff let me know!! I'll help you out! LOL I'm serious. I want to help you guyz spark new ideas. I want to help carve the modding community to think BIG! To think CRAZY! To tryout new things. Anyways,... so yea. I tried out the whole mass producing thing and it was very interesting. It took a bit of time to get it all done but it was mostly because I was lacking the right tools for the right job. I was making stuff with almost nothing. Using tools a machines in ways they weren't really designed for. But I got everything done. We're going to load the studio up with the right machinery very soon though. Whats else? OH,... I know that the stuff was sent to Germany. I dont know who got it just yet but I will let you know. When I get word from A.C. RYan I will let you know right away. This whole time I have been out I have beening working on the order and I have also been designing some stuff for A.C. Ryan too. I dont know if I am allowed to mention what it is that I was designing but I will ask them and find out what I can tell you. I have also beening planning out some more CRAZY reservoirs!!! OMG! You guyz are going to die when you see what I have planned. LOL. I have also beening designing some other non-Liquid Evolution stuff too;) Big stuff. I'm not going to tell you about it until DECEMBER 31st! So mark your calenders because thats when I'm going to announce that. I cant wait. wow. yea. Whatelse,.... OH! Time to finihs the strobing reservoir, RPL213u. Going ot finish that within the next few days. Also,... Going to be working on Blackout too! I want to finish up Blackout as soon as possible to make room for other projects. So I'll be posting a lot on that too. I'm goignt o to be working on something almost everyday and I'l be posting almost everyday too. Almost everyday. We're trying to set it up where I can literally work and post everyday. We're really moving along here. I think thats it for now?!?! I want to get to the pics already!!! To the pics!!!

HA HA HA!!! YEA!

32 1/4" Uv green strips all at 4' long! I scored and snapped everyone of those by hand! I have to get a table saw. I got them down to size by sending them through the router.
Image Image Image

Here i'm making the bottom pieces for the xPO's. I built this jig to hold the 1/4" acrylic at a 10 degree angle. Just had to slide it through the router. This is the old way of doing this. Not going to share the new way just yet. The new way is alot easier.
Image Image Image Image

Here i'm drilling the center hole in the bottom piece for the center shaft. Notice the aluminum bars clamped to the table. So I dont have to measure for each piece I drill.

I'm gluing them together in this pick. Angle steel to help quickly align the two pieces.

All glued.

Barb holes drilled.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:07 am

Bubble chamber rings.

This is how I cut them to size. This is the old way. I have a Mitre Saw now;)

Back to the 1/4" strips. Time to make some coils! Using tape to figure out the angle in which to wrap the strips around the pipe.

Used a razor to mark the pipe. See the line?

Going to coil 3 at a time. So cool.
Image Image

Coiled, wrapped with cardboard and tape to hold the shape for cooling. I hooked the shop vac to pipe to help cool a bit quicker.

Hot.
Image Image

OMG SPONGE BOB ARE YOU OK!

Got stuck in the tape spiders web ehh? Thats what you get for playing around,.... now your goign to stay there and be eaten alive! LOL. All the tape I peeled off the 1/4" strips. Cool ehh?

WHAM!

WHAM!

So cool. Such eye candy.

Hot.

All parts complete! Ready for assembly!
Image Image
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:08 am

xPO's!!! You should see these things running! These are new! Not like the first one! They were tweaked! The bottm piece that spins the insides is at 10 degrees now instead of the 45 degrees. the inside spins at just the right speed! My cellphone was able to pick it up nicely on video!!! I have those videos here in this update too!!! AHHHHH!!!! Yea.
Image Image

Oh my? all those aluminum shavings for what?

For this! 32 sets of shields! OH YEA!
Image Image

Here I'm bending all these shields.
Image Image

All bent.
Image Image

Notice hwo they all pretty much have the very same shape. So cool. It was pretty easy too!

Some sanding done.
Image Image

More sanding,....
Image Image Image

What a mess. This is so common in here. Hard to keep this place clean.

Oh yea.

3/8" strips of aluminum. These are for the mounting brackets. Again,... table saw needed.
Image Image
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:09 am

Bunched together and holes drilled.

umm,... theres like 64 of these things? A lot.
Image Image Image

Some wet sanding.

This is cool and it works great. You see the lines I cut into the brackets? I'm goign to bend on that line. That line is the pinch point. by removing a bit of aluminum there I am cutting down on how more pinching occurs. Result,... an easier bend and a sharper bend.

Here's how I bent the tabs. the small aluminum block you see that is glued to the aluminum piece in the vise is the point at which I stop. So every piece is the same and so that I dont have to messure for every piece. Worked great.

See? he he he. Now the piece I'm bending is not clamped in the vise. The piece just slides into the vise. Doenst need to be clamped down. It makes it easier switching to the next.
Image Image

Tabs bent.

All of them bent.

Here I rounded some of them over a pipe.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:09 am

Here are some of the shields polished.

I forgot to mention,... these shields are redesigned a bit too. they fit the sPL and the xPO's. the sPL's are 4" and the xPO's are 6". This was our standard size but I am thinking about changing the standard size. So here's an sPL shielded.
Image Image Image Image

An xPO shielded.
Image Image Image

Shields alone. These are not finished. Still has to be polished.
Image Image Image

Finished brackets.
Image Image Image

Shields are polished and being cleaned. A stack of them already wrapped for shipping in the background.

Done.

So yea! That was a long a update! OH the videos!!! Forgot,...

They are .mov's. I couldnt get them to any other format as of right now. I'll work on doing that later. You need quicktime to play them.
Movie 1
Movie 2

So yea! what do you think!I love em! They were hard to let go off let me tell you. Anyways,... These reservoirs are the S@#$! The xPO's as you can see from the videos are flawless! Anyways,... Going to finish the strobig reservoir and get back on Blackout!! Talk to you guyz later! OH,... guess where sponge bob is!!! I shipped his ass to The Netherlands!! WHA HA HA!!! His ass is parked right up on my partners desk! Have to get anoterh toy to torture. Maybe I'll get some barbie's or something,...
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Sabrewings » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 am

You got a Private Message. :D
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Ok,... I fixed all of the Liquid Evolution links. They should all work. If you find any dead updates message me.

ACRYan and myself is setting up a forum over at tribaloverkill.acryan.com where I will post newz, a photo gallery, product polls/ feedback, and stuff that I cant talk about here in the REAL forums. That is the main reason for this forum. What is it that I cant talk about? Well,... you'll have to go figure that out when my forum is up because i CANT talk about it here! LOL. Anyways,... this forum isn't anything huge. You wont find any worklogs there other then mine,... BUT, even mine are only photos only. You wont find any of my photo comments there. I am posting a photo gallery there because #1, a lot of blackout's photo's are dead and I am not going back to update all those and #2, its easier for myself and ACRyan to find photo's. So yea. You guyz can do some posting there such as in the polls/ feeback and i'm sure there will be other little places to post too. It's not done. I'll let you know. I'm going to need moderators too.

I am going to be working on the strobe tomorrow when I get off of work. I was suppose to be working on it already but the links took up a lot of time. There's something else I want to tell you but im not sure if im allowed too! ARGH!!! So yea,... as soon as I find out whether I can or not I will! whatelse?

Will be working on blackout soon too! I think thats it!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby DAVE1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:34 pm

Glad you're back, but I can't see the pictures.
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:45 pm

DAVE185 wrote:Glad you're back, but I can't see the pictures.

You cant see any of the pictures? Hit shift refresh or empty your internet cache. They should all be working. I checked them all.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby DAVE1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:47 pm

Weird, now they are working, didn't even have to load or anything. :)
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification