Hardcore to the 'Core

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Hardcore to the 'Core

Postby Tulatin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:23 pm

Alright, after a little inspiration in the way that this mod will go from a Rave track, and some goodies from ThEvil0nE (thanks dude :), it's time to mod a generic case into a watercooled beast. Still undecided on the system's waterblocks, but i WILL have an Asetek USB Pump feeding it.

Ah, the poor, innocent case. Little does she know that soon her face will be torn off, and her guts drastically altered 8O :twisted: :twisted:

Aaand a little look-see about what's inside. Probably being replaced by a SLI-D in the near future, plus full orange sleeving. Maybe moving my Liberty 500W over here for some SLI action.

Alright, now onto the first component of the WCing itself, in Update 0!
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Update 0

Postby Tulatin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:00 pm

Alright, now you just get the jist of it, since windows died. The heatercore has 3/4" fittings; so after a day of searching, griping, and finding, i've got all the adaptors i need to drop her down to 1/2", or 3/8 if the need should arise. As to flow? The heatercore does an AMAZING job of not impeding it - just check out the water turbulence in this pic!

Anyway, it's small and it's weak, but it's the biggest update we'll have until the actual fun gets underway when the pump gets here. Until next time!
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to System Modification