Project: Fanless Silent 3 Watercooler

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby ThEvil0nE » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:35 am

lilpaki wrote:dunno if u already mentioned, but what cpu u gna be using? you gona try overclock it?

The specs on my signature are what's being used. Yes there will be some serious OCing but that would depend how far the motherboard will take me. I've heard that the Fatal1ty isn't that hardcore of an OCer :roll: I did OC@2800MHz on air (some made it to 3000, no sweat) so if I could just hit 3000 plus MHz on this board... I'll be happy :o
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:59 pm

I've been really busy for these past weeks so not much of an update.

Getting the vidcard and mobo ready for twaterblock installs. I should be getting the Danger Den Acetal MAZE4 GPU, Swiftech MC14 VGA Forged Copper BGA Ramsinks and other stuff needed by early next week.

Image Fatal1ty AN8
Image Sapphire R480 X850XT
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:46 am

Sorry to be a little late on this but...

using T-Lines to split flow will simply kill your flow, as items on the middle of the T get squat. Likewise, using a Y connector will drop some temps while it boosts others. How? water, like electricity (and many things in life) takes the path of least resistance. So now, rather than even flow, your chipset gets 1GPM, while the Videocard gets .6 - see the problem? As to water warmpth, having blocks in series will do you just fine, the water temp will be maybe 1-2C different per block. Sorry to quash your ideas, but this way does make tubing more simple too :D
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Ryn » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:24 pm

One suggestion on the flowchart you created, instead of pump-->res-->rad-->block I'd say you go for this route:

res-->pump-->rad-->block

This way you will have more flow coz even with a strong pump, it can't push that much flow if you're going to put the res and rad in front of it.
Ryn
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:52 pm

I did order more tubings (6ft) so I would definettly look into all of it... thanx for the tips guys :P
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Good news and bad news...

First the good news. Got some stuff via UPS today (fans,tubing,gpu waterblock abd ram sinks)

There's two versions of the DD Acetal GPU block, low profile and regular... I bought the regular block but still I encountered problems. I have to bend the copper wired fins to give way for the tubings. I also have to cut short on of the Acetal rentention screw to also stay clear of the chipset block. The Acetal is one big waterblock btw 8O

And now the bad news
... I can't find the mounting hardwares for the gpu waterblock :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: it was not in the box :x

I really thought this thing would be done by tonight... I geuss not :x

Finaly... the thermal tape on the Swiftech MC14 VGA Forged Copper BGA Ramsinks will not stick on my vidcard's memory chips :evil:
I have to crazy glue the thing in order to stick.

The thermal tape that came with the THERMALTAKE ramsinks I used on my mobo is much much better... sticks like glue.
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:00 pm

Update:
Called in http://www.performance-pcs.com earlier for the missing mounting hardware and it's already been shipped that afternoon.

I also purchased the new Hiper Modular Type-R 580 Watt Power Supply Model: HPU-4S580
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby sbrehm72255 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:19 am

I had a problem with the Swifty MC14 not sticking also, all I did was heat them up a bit and they stuck just fine. I also trimmed them down instead of bending the pins over, seemed to work fairly well.

Image Image
sbrehm72255
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Tulatin » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 am

What do you have under that Apogee anyway?
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby sbrehm72255 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:51 am

There's 2 little nylon spacers (one on each end) that come with the block. They are supposed to help keep the block flat and to keep you from over tightening the screws.

These spacers come with the APOGEE, Storm and MCW60....... :wink:
sbrehm72255
Green Belt
Green Belt

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification