Todays Screen moddage (Dial-up un-friendly!)

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Todays Screen moddage (Dial-up un-friendly!)

Postby ~Rob » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:05 pm

So today I bought the PS One LCD screen to mod into a second monitor. When I first wanted to do this I was going to use the composite input, but I read you could use VGA, so I bought a VGA cable today too!

It started out so innocent,

But then I unscrewed everything and took it to pieces.

Then disaster struck, the power adaptor burnt out, lovely smell in a confined space I might add :? but I tried it on 5V from a power supply and it seems to run fine so I kept it as that.

Now everything is on the desk so I can see what I do and don't need (This is where it's so much easier to use an official sony screen because these third party one have boards everywhere!!

And then me and Dad soldered the RGB cable onto the board and I got a signal!!!

but that's as far as it goes I'm afraid. I can't get the VSync quite right, I believe I need to create a CSync to get everything perfect and my ATi Control Centre won't load! So I guess I just have to play with the settings until I get it right
Jocuri cu impuscaturi si alte genuri, pentru toate varstele doar pe acest link - distractie si amuzament garantat!
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Black Wolf » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:19 am

Looking Blury so far :lol:

I mean good. Keep posting pics!!!
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Snowfire » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:37 pm

Man, I can't wait to see this one finished... Gives me some ideas for a SFF in a car! :twisted:
Tono Sien

Love is the greatest conspiracy, by the most loving genius.
Snowfire
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby ~Rob » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:52 pm

bad news... I may have kinda screwed over the screen and so no longer have one. so instead I'm buying a new case and will get back to the screen at a later date :( :(
Jocuri cu impuscaturi si alte genuri, pentru toate varstele doar pe acest link - distractie si amuzament garantat!
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to System Modification