Need your professional opinion

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Need your professional opinion

Postby ~Rob » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:37 pm

What do you guys think of this case?

It's £30, but it may be a crimbo present. I'll be using it as a basis for a lotta moddage (maybe not tribal-overkill moddage, but a lot for me :lol: )

So what do you guys think of it. I'll leave it up to you whether or not I get it, no pressure 8)

EDIT: Curry's are selling it LOL It doesn't show the blue glow very well though

EDIT#2: click for more details
Last edited by ~Rob on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jocuri cu impuscaturi si alte genuri, pentru toate varstele doar pe acest link - distractie si amuzament garantat!
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby DAVE1 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:33 pm

link doesn't work :wink:
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ~Rob » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:08 pm

Does for me + I'm on a different PC to when I posted!?!?!

But do a google seach for "jeantech Imax" if you're having problems

EDIT: ok, looks like jeantech had the problem so I've taken the google cached version and uploaded it. Sorry it's a poor res
Jocuri cu impuscaturi si alte genuri, pentru toate varstele doar pe acest link - distractie si amuzament garantat!
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:57 am

It looks cool. In my opinion,... the more plain and simple it is the more oppertunities there will be for modding it:) Goodl lcuk with it and post you worklog here for us to see!!!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby ~Rob » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:02 am

tribaloverkill wrote:the more plain and simple it is the more oppertunities there will be for modding it:)

I like what-ever I mod to look natural, so not out of place, hence my tidy cables, lights where you can only see the glow etc. I'll ask for it for christmas then :P
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:41 am

Does that have a removeable acrylic front? It sure does look like my gmono CF-2029SW-BK with automotive paint finish without the fancy window.
I love the gmono case 8) but the 120mm front fan needs more air holes.
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby ~Rob » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:46 am

I don't think it's removable because the power for the light goes to the front door. There is a lock which is broken that I will be removing. Not sure how I will get on with a door, I might have to cur a hole for the power button, although I use the keyboard to turn on my PC 8)
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby snakebite66 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:47 pm

Rob,

Not sure about it to be honest....

Scan have some good deals on cases....

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products ... bnails=yes
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby ~Rob » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:35 pm

well the main things I'm looking for are 3 3.5" bays to mount a screen behind and good looks. tbh, this matches them. I'm not too fussed about the build quality because you only build it once!

but I am open to suggestions for a case for about £30 (my budget) that is stylish with 3 floppy drive bays. It will be sprayed if neccessary so don't worry about colour and window

EDIT: Been looking at this - do you think that the usb ports that are taking up a spare floppy drive can be taken out?

It will take a bit of modding but the usb ports will come out and I'm sure I could move them somewhere else. Good job I have 4 weeks off for christmas, I think this case may be the one, thanks for opening my eyes snkebite! 8)
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to System Modification