TRIBALOVERKILL's Liquid Evolution, Reservoir_1

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby DAVE1 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:51 pm

looks good, I liked blackout better though but this stuff is still a 1000x better then I could do.
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ThEvil0nE » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:49 pm

DAVE185 wrote:looks good,

It is one damn-fine-amazing reservoir as it is.

DAVE185 wrote:I liked blackout better though

I have the same thoughts. 8) 8) 8)

TO's craftmanship is hands down one of the best. As much as I like the Liquid Evolution reservoir... I have issues (both good and bad) that I have to express:
For a piece itself, it's stunning and it works as intended. But if you have to incorporate it on a build... you have to mod almost everything that can be visible to fit how the reservoir looks. Liquid Evolution has a very elaborate and eye-cathcing design that's "center-piece" worthy and it's one piece that is not for any average case/hardware design. It can go both ways, either it's looks would fit your build and enhances your rig's look OR it's look would be too overwhelming in your rig and may look too out of place.

Liquid Evolution is one piece that A.C. Ryan would be proud of (thanx of course to TO) and prolly be encasing it in glass for a trophy :D

Liquid Evo rocks!
But I would love to see TO create something that's more suited for an average rig but still have that "tribaloverkill" written all over it (just a thought :idea: )

:P
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:08 am

Thanks for the feedback man but you dont understand,... liquid evolution is watercooling product line. This reservoir is a part of the liquid evolution. I understand what you are saying too. There are going to be many different types of reservoirs. Some like this,... and some that are plain but still cool. These plain reservoirs are the reservoirs that will probabyl sell the most because they are more modifiable then say the one I just made. The whole idea is to make a bit of everything. Something something for the more experienced modder and something something for the person who just wants to add some quick bling to their rig. I know what you mean though. I just need more time to make these things. I am only doing this part-time right now. Plus I have to work on blackout too. Patience.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:04 pm

Ok, an update. This reservoir is now 99% done. The last 1% iserely rebuffing and tweaking. Here are the pics,.... these are not final pics either.

Jan-21-2006

Ok,... heres the begining of the lower shields. I taped off the areas that I need for the lower shields. Can not cut the tape. absolutely not.

Cut to sized and ready for the design to be tranfered to the pieces.
I cut a curve out of a piece of cardboard so I can mimic the same curve several times throughout both pieces.

Design traced.

Jig sawed the design out.

Done and polished. Ready for bending.

Bent.
Image Image Image

99% complete.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

As I said all I have to do now is clean it up/ rebuff everything and tweak it it a bit so it's perfect.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby DAVE1 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:49 pm

for some reason I like it without the glow in the dark better
it looks good keep up the good work

also just curious how do you make the thumbnails?
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Sabrewings » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:34 pm

DAVE185 wrote:for some reason I like it without the glow in the dark better

Quote his post and you can see the code. He uses a combination of URL and IMG tags. He makes a URL to the fullsize pic, with an IMG as the link itself referencing a slimmed version.

Like this:

Code: Select all
[url=http://fullsize pic.jpg][img]http://thumbnail pic.jpg[/img][/url]
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DAVE1 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:36 am

Sabrewings wrote:
DAVE185 wrote:for some reason I like it without the glow in the dark better

Quote his post and you can see the code. He uses a combination of URL and IMG tags. He makes a URL to the fullsize pic, with an IMG as the link itself referencing a slimmed version.

Like this:

Code: Select all
[url=http://fullsize pic.jpg][img]http://thumbnail pic.jpg[/img][/url]

cool 8)
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DAVE1 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:26 pm

any updates ?
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:32 pm

Funny you should ask,... i just finished it now. Going to update after I am done eating.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:25 pm

It's DONE!!! xPO352r is complete. Not going to touch it anymore. I am 97% happy with it. Check it out.

Feb-07-2006

I remade the stands of the brackets. The originals were sloppy to me. Here I just got done bending the new stands.

Going to replace the old sloppy ones,...

I cut the old ones off.

Nice isn't it?
Image Image

Bolted in place.
Image Image

All done.
Image Image Image Image

See the two small aluminum strips the reservoir is bolted to,... well those two pieces would normally be the case. Right now they are holding the reservoir inside the shields. You guyz see how the brackets work now?
Image Image

The reservoir being held inside the shields.
Image Image

The underside.

So whats next? Blackout.

I have been really busy guyz. Sorry for the delay. I sprained both my arms and I am just starting to feel better now. I have been doing tons of Ot at the hospital too. I have plans to go back to school very soon. This september. I got word that Nick is very sick. I just want to wish him the best and I hope he gets better soon. Not the same without him being around. I am on vacation for 2 weeks so I plan on getting alot of blackout done. Stay tuned.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification