TRIBALOVERKILL's Project: Blackout

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:09 pm

Deputy1515 wrote:Nice shot. Interesting how a mod can change based on how things fit together and our feelings toward the mod. Nice work.

I know,... Thanks:)
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tulatin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:24 pm

Wow! Nice Plans Tools and Throw!

Keep it up :D
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:49 pm

Ok,... I didn't finish the shop yet because I had spent more time then I wanted and the hardware. I was trying to get as much as possible for as cheap as possibly. I was trying to figure out the setup of the shop. Anyways,... I got pretty much everything I needed to bring it to life. Here are a few pics,...

First,... I just want to say that there is nothing I could ever create that is more beautiful then this,... other then this:)

BANG. Lots of wood. I got a whole lot of wood :shock:. A pile of wood that is,...

Here I am doing what I did for the last bench I made. I a screwing to 3/4" partical boards together to give me a nice thick benchtop. The last bench was 4'x4'. This new one is 4'x6' >-|. Theres going to be another littl eone that I will use to mount the drill press and something else. I have to figure out where evrything is going! Oh,... I am counter sinking the screws in this pic:) Very cool.

Here are the legs done and ready to be bolted to the top. I have support beams that will get screwed to the legs all the way around to make it nice and sturdy so I can,... you know climb on it:) LOL.

Tomorrow I am going to out first thing, right after work to finish the garage. Hopefully I'm not there all day. I have to make time for my gurl:) She misses me alot:) She's so cute:) I'm so whipped. Here,... in our relationship,... :[] I'm the little blue guy:)
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:16 pm

TRIBALOVERKILL the MODDER, THE,...... CARPENTER? Hell yeah baby!!! Check it out!!!

My gurl messing with the camera.

Check out this bench!!! It's huge!!! 4'x6'!!! I love it! It's so strong and sturdy on it's legs!!!

Here's the companion bench in which i will use to mount the drill press and something else. HOT!

Here is where they are going to go. As you cn see there is still plenty of room to move around. Granted I still have alot of stuff that has to go in there but thats cool though because I am use to working in a tight place:)

While I was working on the benches I had jessie painting the garage. We used extra can of paint lying around. We though it was white and then though it was some beige color when it turned out to be some sort of pinkish color :~) It's cool though atleast it looks clean:) I might try and finish the garage tomorrow but I had made plans on doing some OT at the hospital, 16 hours of OT. I don't want to but I think I have to. I should do it is what I mean. I dont know. We'll see what happens, how I feel when I wake up in the morning. PEACE OUT EVERYBODY!!! Yo,... what you guyz doing tonight? I'm going to take my gurl to the mall(because she really deserves it today for all the help she gave me), go see that movie Serenity :=:, then maybe do some drinking alcoholic:, and possibly do something else for my gurl :-=-:.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Deputy1515 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:47 pm

Hows the lighting in that workspace? And do you have enough power running into the area?
Deputy1515
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DAVE1 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:19 pm

cute kid

nice set up so far
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby YouGiveMeRash!!! » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:28 pm

Nice Nice Nice. This thread has turned out to be like a blog. Maybe you should start one? 8) I think it would be great. It's so..........complete.

That kid is so cute! :D I bet he is gonna have some mad modding skillz when he grows up. :lol:

Keep 'em coming please!

P.S.> Guys, I think we need to help Tribal win this AC Ryan contest. Show your support for him! He'll surely have this contest under his belt. I have a feeling you are gonna win every contest out there if you just keep going at it like you are! :lol:
Main rig: 1/2" ID Water Cooled Lian-Li V2000B, Abit IP35 Pro, Intel C2D E6750@ -3.4ghz 1.3375v, Mushkin 2gb DDR2-800 996576, one terabyte storage, evga 7900GS KO w/ Zalman VF700-AlCu cooler, Swiftech Apogee GT water block, Ultra X2 550w PSU
Laptop: Asus Z70VA, Pentium M 725 1.6@ -2.13ghz (pinmod), ATI X700 Pro, 1680x1050 native res., bluetooth, the works...
YouGiveMeRash!!!
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:10 pm

Got some more work done on the shop today. I didnt finish even though I was hoping I would but then again I dont know why I thought that seeing that I had plans to coat the tables in polyurethane which take 24 hours to cure,... *breath*. That was a major run-on sentence:) Anyways,.... TO THE PICS!!!!

Poor sponge bob,... LOL. I thought I would bring him to his new torture chamber, ERR, home even though it wasn't done yet and this happens. Before he could even get there,... LOL. Now, let me tell you this,... this was NOT setup. I threw little sponge bob in the back of the truck with resurrected plankton(resurrected plankton? It's my worklog, I can do what ever I want!) and I began driving. Beofre you know it the commpressor fell over. I was like it's empty, oh well, and left it there. When I got there I got out of my truck and glanced over and there he was. LOL. I swear!!! I'm starting to think plankton did it because he was far and clear from it:)

Now,... a couple of guys told me to brace the top because it would eventually warp. They also said to coat it in a polyurethane. Here the big table braced.

Heres the small table braced.

Here they are with a nice thcik coat of polyurethane(oil based). I did under and over the table top. Th eonly thing I did not coat was the legs and lower bracing. They are wet already. It would just hjold in the moisture.

Damn! My bad :silly:.

You know sponge bob you had a rough day. I'm going to let you ride shotgun with me for the ride home,... NAH!

Your riding firs class way up front!!! OOUCH! Dude thats got to friggin hurt man. GAWWWD!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby YouGiveMeRash!!! » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:37 pm

HAHHAHA! That pic with spongebob with an antenna going up his butt is hilarious! The facial expression makes it funnier....

The table looks great. The polyurethane gives it a sweet finish. 8) Can't wait till I see some of your work lying on that table!
Main rig: 1/2" ID Water Cooled Lian-Li V2000B, Abit IP35 Pro, Intel C2D E6750@ -3.4ghz 1.3375v, Mushkin 2gb DDR2-800 996576, one terabyte storage, evga 7900GS KO w/ Zalman VF700-AlCu cooler, Swiftech Apogee GT water block, Ultra X2 550w PSU
Laptop: Asus Z70VA, Pentium M 725 1.6@ -2.13ghz (pinmod), ATI X700 Pro, 1680x1050 native res., bluetooth, the works...
YouGiveMeRash!!!
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby felony » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 pm

wow this mod went from computers to home repair/renovation lol this is f'n awesome bro
Intel Pentium 4 2.6C HT @ 3.01,Abit AI7, Leadtek 6800GT(350/1000)@410/1150, Corsair XMS Pro Series 1GB (2x512) DDR400, Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB, Maxtor 200gb IDE, Ultra X-Connect 500 Watt PSU, Lite-On DVD-DL Burner, Big Typhoon HSF lapped
felony
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification