The Greatest Mod of them all (Read: dumbest ever)

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.
Wookie8662
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Post by Wookie8662 »

Heh, cool.
Thats about as ghetto as I've ever seen.

But, if it works, its a success.
Thats all that matters with modding.

Does it come in a Pepsi model? :wink:
[img]http://www.motherboards.org/sig/sig10/33258/Wookie8662/sig.jpg[/img]
SkReaP
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by SkReaP »

THESE BASTARDS ARE STEALING MY IDEAS!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

But onto more...entertaining topics :twisted:

OK - PART 3: "THE DEATH OF BALLS"

<<just in case you missed it earlier, "Balls" is the name of my case - so don't think I'm talking about my unit when I say "my Balls">>

It all started around Christmas. People were getting new things all around me. Motherboards, videocards, ram, cash from grandparents...except for me. I got a plastic container and some wal-mart pool equipment (not the kind you swim in). Feeling rather sorry for me, my friends Mark and Evan (who were with me when I built the duct/hole/mod for the first time) started giving me their old parts. Mark found an aluminum case and gave me his old one. The new case was so much better that I (sadly) had to retire Balls.

Balls had been given to me when I was a Junior in high school, and after the hours upon hours of work that I put into making him the best damn case he could be, I refused to just throw him out. Balls is a part of me - a symbol of my dedication and determination; an eternity in my garage seemed worse than selling him. There was no way anyone would ever buy such a monstrosity, either. Shti, I'd have to PAY someone to take my Balls, but I wouldn't dare turn on a friend like that. My options were clear. Balls must be put down... :cry:

I had pondered how I would put my Balls out of his misery for weeks and weeks. Christmas came and went, as did new years day, when just 3 days before my departure to college, I found something very useful under my carseat...

Pictures would not suffice for this event....
...so I took a bunch of videos :lol: :D

Before you click the link, know that my camera only takes (crappy) videos in 14 to 30 second intervals, so there are a lot of time gaps. Also, I used Windows movie editor, which sucks, so the quality and flow are great.
And by great I mean terrible.

Enjoy my movie!
http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~akelly/The%2 ... 0Balls.WMV
Reptilian_Storm
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by Reptilian_Storm »

R.I.P Balls.

Love the vid :lol:

You know what would be real Ghetto, if give your balls a wash and re-use him, :lol:
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Post by Tulatin »

lol to the vid, but you had better have taken the gf3 ti200 out first - or i'm gonna mod YOU :evil:
SkReaP
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by SkReaP »

Reptilian_Storm wrote:R.I.P Balls.

Love the vid :lol:

You know what would be real Ghetto, if give your balls a wash and re-use him, :lol:
My friend already did.
He calls it the new version "big black balls".

And yes, Tulatin, All I left inside was the power supply, and whatever useless crap Compaq shoved in there that I never used.
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Post by CDBurner »

IMHO, what a waste... I'm sure that someone could have used that old system, even if you didn't want it any more. :(
[email protected] Fighting diseases every second. Join us! https://foldingathome.org/
SkReaP
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by SkReaP »

it was just a case, burn. A heavy case, with a hole in the side of it, a warped side panel that usually broke whatever tool you used to get it back onto the computer, paint scraches everwhere, loose plastic paneling, a heatsink that rattled, and pounds of cathair wedged into places that not even compressed air could get loose...

"a waste?"

That was a viking feuneral for a friend!
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Post by Tulatin »

Cool. Want to sell the gf3?
SkReaP
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by SkReaP »

Nope. Still using it.
And when I'm done, it's probably going to my best friend or my girlfriend (she's addicted to the SIMS and - get this - Counter-Strike)

And even so, I'm not going to stop using it until after HL2 comes out *cough*NEVER*cough*, so it could be a while =/
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Post by Tulatin »

Indeed 8O