Lazer LED's? Worth it or not?

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Lazer LED's? Worth it or not?

Postby charibdis » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:13 pm

I've been thinking about personalizing my case. In another post I mentioned that I currently have a CCFL in my case. I've seen some lazer LED's which look cool. I'm just wondering if anybody has used these in mods and if they thought it was worth it. The CCFL is nice but I find it could be better.

I'm thinking of the following:

1- Leave the red CCFL in, put 2 Lazer LED's to compliment the internal lighting of the case. The put 2 blue or green CCFL fans at the back of the case (near CPU). And maybe to give a little extra accent to the case add blue Lazer LED on the front of the case to illuminate the drives and the slots of the doors when closed.

2- Same as above but remove the CCFL and maybe add a third Lazer LED inside the case. (depending on how well it spreads light)
ABIT NF7-S | Athlon 2500XP @ 12x200 | Corsair HydroCool200 | 3DMark2K1 V330 = 15722 ~ 3DMark03 V340 = 4988
-----------
2nd pc: Dual PII 350 running Fedora Core 2
-----------
3rd pc: Dual Intel PPro 200MHz (Linux) ->decomissioned due to heat problems
charibdis
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Tulatin » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:59 am

IT all depends on how you like it. I've found that while the lazer led's are cheap, they probably arent nearly as bright as a cathode, amking them excellent front panel lighting. By the way - you should invest in EL tape - that looks excellent when properly applied.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to System Modification