Switching Molex/Power connectors?

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Switching Molex/Power connectors?

Postby Starbuck15 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:31 am

Hey all, I was just wondering, in a number of reviews about professionally wrapping your power wires with heatshrink and expandible wrap they remove the molex connectors and reattch them. How do you do this? I've looked at my power connectors before, and have seen no way to take them off. What gives? Can someone tell me what I'm missing here? Thanks.
-Starbuck
Visit my Homepage and Ben 10 Games here
Hey I'm a GEEK and I'm proud of it!
Starbuck15
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby uniquemale69 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:36 am

if you look at the end where you plug it in look at the sides of the small pins there are little fingers sticking out the sides to keep it from pushing back through just use a small screwdriver or an icepick and bend the fingers in and it will come right out before you put it back in bend the fingrs out slightly or it will not stay
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
uniquemale69
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Starbuck15 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:24 pm

uniquemale69 wrote:if you look at the end where you plug it in look at the sides of the small pins there are little fingers sticking out the sides to keep it from pushing back through just use a small screwdriver or an icepick and bend the fingers in and it will come right out before you put it back in bend the fingrs out slightly or it will not stay

Thanks uniquemale69!
-Starbuck
Visit my Homepage and Ben 10 Games here
Hey I'm a GEEK and I'm proud of it!
Starbuck15
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby NascarFool » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:49 am

You can also pick up a small brass tube from a hobby/craft store. The tube has to be the correct diameter to work. Just slip it over the pin and out it goes. :)
NascarFool
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to System Modification