blue cold cathode...

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

blue cold cathode...

Postby port-error » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:01 pm

if you have a blue cold cathode in your computer would stuff that is sprayed with UV sensitive paint light up? cause it says the blue cold cathode gives of UV light? or do you just need to buy a standard black light cold cathode? thanks.
If knowledge is outlawed, then only outlaws will have knowledge.
port-error
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby BobHumplic54 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:29 am

no not with a blue cathod. I tried it. You need a UV cathode.
-Bob
Initiate

crapola.

Postby port-error » Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:32 am

craps! do you think a Black Light Cathode and a Blue Cathode would look okay in a case? i would like to have a blue color , and have the Rounded IDE cables and fans glow blue too. I'd need a black light for that?
port-error
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby BobHumplic54 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:31 pm

You need a UV cathode to make your cables glow and fans too if they're UV sensitive. I runs two black lights with a blue cathode and it looks great. Your results vary depending on where you place the cathodes in your case and the type of window you have etc.
-Bob
Initiate

picture..

Postby port-error » Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:26 pm

hey bob, thanks alot! do you have a mid or a full case? if you have any pictures or specific placements, i'd like to hear. thanks for the info.
port-error
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby BobHumplic54 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:33 pm

I have a full ATX case. I have two UV cathodes one top and a blue cathode on the side. I have 4 4 LED fans(blue), UV cables, a UV power supply mod, and an LED fan increaser(blue). You should paly around putting things in different places and decide what you like best. I am working on two other case mods right now maybe ill post pics when im finished.
-Bob
Initiate

sweet!

Postby port-error » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:18 am

keep me updated man! leave a PM for me when you get the pics of it. i'd like to see. I have a Lian-Li PC-6089 Mid-case. So i don't think i'll need two blacklights, i'm probably going to mount blue cathode on the bottom, blacklight on the side, get UV sensitive Rounded cables, blue led fans, and a UV case mod for the power source.
port-error
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to System Modification