Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8IEXP Review

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8IEXP Review

Postby MoboCop » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:27 pm

If you like a motherboard with legacy ports, no exaggerated features, great stability, and "rockin overclocking" then this is definitely the board for you. "I liked it a lot".

http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/motherboard-reviews/1187_1.html
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

reboot problem with a gigabyte ga 8iex

Postby neudorf » Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:24 pm

on a gigabyte ga 8iex and a p4 2.0a, as soon it is o/c and that the p4 exceed 2,2 ghz (110 * 20) , I cannot reboot the PC (dos or Windows 98se) !
The screen is black !

I am obliged with windows to shutdown the PC and manuelly restart it but not reboot it !

With a o/c 2,5 ghz (125* 20), the pc run very fine with no error (51° in load with 2,5 ghz 1.725 voltage)

An idea?
neudorf
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8IEXP Review

Postby epeck » Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:45 pm

I've read this motherboard has a 5.1 channel sound output, with fiber optic out. Question: Do I need an external DTS/Dolby Digital decoder to actually get a 6.1 surround sound?

MoboCop wrote:If you like a motherboard with legacy ports, no exaggerated features, great stability, and "rockin overclocking" then this is definitely the board for you. "I liked it a lot".

http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/motherboard-reviews/1187_1.html
epeck

Awesome....

Postby ArcticCry » Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:07 am

This motherboard is awesome, but I think that I want to go with Rambus, Hey motherboards.org, can we get a review on Gigabyte's GA-8IHXP?

Thanks

ArcticCry
ArcticCry
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby noodleNT » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:28 am

Great board... Ready to buy... BUT WHERE???

Seems everyone and their mother want their hands on this thing. Any ideas where I could get one? Please... no EBAY!
noodleNT

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site