The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:25 pm 
Drunken Master

This machine is a crossover product in the way that it can be used for both your main PC and as a portable laptop unit as well. I was very impressed with how simple it was to work on opposed to most portables I have seen and tinkered with.

http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/hardware-reviews/1183_1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:42 am 
Hi,

I have set up my I-buddie 928 with a 2,5Ghz CPU and 512MB DDR-333 an a 60GB. :)

3DMark2001 ends with around 1500, not very much indeed, but everything works fine under XP Pro.

Sometimes I play Unreal Tournament(R), I get around 45-60fps, resolution is 1024x768x32, not bad at all :lol: .

Things I like most is the quiet operation because the cpu has a heatpipe-cooling and a very quiet fan. CPUCool from Wolfram Podien at http://www.podien.de says temperatures around 38-45° under 2D-operations, and up to 65° under full 3D-gaming operations.

For this case I put the Desknote on a light frame which is a bit higher on the back side :idea: . This leads to an aircirulation under the i-buddie because one air-intake is at the underside. :wink:

Overclocking is not really necessary, one couldn´t speed up the poor graphic a lot... :(

Perhaps someone of you has a good contact to ECS development and let them know that people sometimes like to game a little... :roll:

Not nice at all is the missing feature for PCMCIA cards and a even small but always necessary serial port... :cry:

If one needs this one can add a floppy drive to update the bios or load up older data... :wink:

Best regards

Big Tester