A suggestion

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

A suggestion

Postby Toby B. » Tue May 14, 2002 7:26 pm

I know that this would be a bandwith concern, but is there any way a feature could be added to at leat the Mobo ID forum so that we could post a picture of a board in need of ID?

Thanks
Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tolemac » Wed May 15, 2002 12:03 am

All forum replys have the IMG link at the top of the post along with the other post features. Just hit it and then paste the web address and be sure to hit the Close Tags button when you're done. :wink:
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Wed May 15, 2002 12:11 am

K, but what if a pic is not online but to be loaded from a PC. (i.e. If I wanted to load a picture from my PC on to a post on this site. ) :?
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tolemac » Wed May 15, 2002 12:14 am

It has to be on a web site that you can link to. There are plenty of free web hosts out there, so pick one like Tripod and set up a space. You don't have to do anything with it unless you want to, or just use it to post pics and whatever. 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Wed May 15, 2002 10:08 am

At this time I really do not want to host the images. Allowing unsecure uploads can be a dangerous business especially with some of the recent holes found in PHP.

Tolemac has some good advice. I also recommend in a pinch you might ask one of the moderators if they could put the image up somewhere for you to link to. That is up to them of course if the have the space, the time, and the inclination.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Wed May 15, 2002 11:47 am

I have no problems doing this. My webserver or the ones online are happy to host the files for ID and such. 8)
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Wed May 15, 2002 12:25 pm

great! thanks HJ
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Alternative

Postby jmstacey » Wed May 15, 2002 6:29 pm

I signed up with MSN Photos, so far it works great as a server, its free and you get 30MB of space. Heres the link>
http://photos.msn.com/home.aspx

I created an account with them, uploaded the picture I wanted, clicked on it to enlarge it, right clicked properties and copied the address, and finally when writing a reply/new topic, clicked the Img button pasted the address and hit the Img button again and subbmitted it. Wallah! you have 30Mb of free space as a server (for pictures only though)

Have fun!!
jmstacey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site