Mobo cop, a How To suggestion

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Mobo cop, a How To suggestion

Postby andrey » Thu May 09, 2002 7:46 pm

since you apparently came back from vacation :D , can you do a how to article on setting up multi monitors on an WinXP system, with one AGP and one PCI card? assuming that you have two cards and two monitors :). including how to install drivers for second video card.
________
No2 Vaporizer
Last edited by andrey on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby MoboCop » Thu May 09, 2002 8:26 pm

I gues I could do that although I dumped that config a while ago. My original multi-monitor setup was a dual agp card and a pci card. I was running 2 19" and 1 17 inch montior. It became too clunky and I could not get the screens to work as I wanted so I got the ATI Radeon 7500 and just ran with two 19 monitors running on one card.

I prefer this much more because the dual monitor software gives me more control over the layout of the screens.

The setup was very simple. I installed the card, loaded the drivers and then played with the desktop properties settings until I was satisfied.

I will see about a how to on this but I do not have the hardware right now to test the agp and pci method and therefore I could not be sure of documenting the exact steps.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

ok

Postby andrey » Thu May 09, 2002 8:30 pm

anytime. I have a Geforce 3 Ti200 right now, and a friend might give me a Voodoo 3 and a monitor, and I want to set them both up so that I am able to browse the web and play games together, for instance.
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa
andrey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site