Definitive HSF reviews/guide

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Definitive HSF reviews/guide

Postby Peanya » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:42 pm

I wrote Tolemac about this one, but thought I'd post here too.
not only having a review of many heatsinks, but comparisons of different types. With so many choices today, it gets confusing for anyone looking at a heatsink. Should they get All aluminum? All copper? Aluminum fins with copper base? What about heat pipes? A Thermaltake Volcano9 and a Cooler Master X-dream seem nearly identical, does anyone have an advantage over the other? What about Silver based coolers? What brands are out there that might be as good or better than the big names?

I think having a side by side comparison of several types, and to further explain the benefits would help many a confused buyer today.
Peanya
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Tolemac » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:58 pm

Working on it. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, but it's definitely in the planning stages. :wink:
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:41 am

Cool! (no pun intended). Waiting for a thing like this as well. Can you include the noise level too? I'm looking for a real low-profile and silent P4 cooler (for one of them mini-desktops)...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site