Motherboard: Abit IT7 MAX Review

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Motherboard: Abit IT7 MAX Review

Postby MoboCop » Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:30 pm

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Tolemac » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:04 pm

Yep, it's interesting all right.
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:25 pm

Nice review, very nice board , Igot one myself. Bugger to put an OS across RAID though!
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby barmouth » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:59 am

Mr T

I think I'm in agreement with you (win2k on raid0/1) - but - Mine seems to have some sort of thermal problem First boot from cold gives bsod every time. Switch off and reboot might give bsod. Third boot (or second boot if it's left warming up with bsod from first boot) W2k starts perfectly. It will then start perfectly every time (20 in a row). Let it cool down for half an hour and it's back to square one.

I'm going to try a swap mobo, but I s'pose you've never come across this before?
barmouth
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby barmouth » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:38 am

Just installed replacement board and processor. Guess what? It's exactly the same.

Now disconnecting fans, one by one, next, will try some old ram.

Any ideas?

Note - have done everything else - no pci cards, different video, out of case start, one ram out, swap ram.

Symptoms:- First start (cold) gives bsod. Restart immediately, another bsod, Third start or second if I leave the macine running for a few minutes, perfect start. All subsequent warm restarts - perfect.

And if I put it next to a radiator and warm it up - starts perfectly every time.

Help - going round the bend on this.
barmouth
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby barmouth » Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:04 am

Thought I should add...

These boards need an Abit mod before running P4 2.4 533

OK with other P4s
barmouth
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

any problems resolved with this board?

Postby AugustusPablo » Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:32 am

It seems that the reviewer and posters have had a number of problems with this board and I was just wondering if a new BIOS or anything has taken care of the Windows, RAID, and USB situation. It seems like a high rating for a board with this many problems.
AusgustusPablo

" * RAID controller had problems with Win XP
* Correct Windows XP setup can be very confusing for the beginner

The Ugly

* Updating your system with SP1 will results in disabled USB 2.0 ports and possible Windows XP reinstallation ? "
the review
AugustusPablo
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby MoboCop » Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:24 am

The review scores indicate how a board fairs against its competitors in various categories. Even a problem board can get a decent score depending on where the problems lie.

It is also a good idea to read the review to find out if the reviewer had any problems.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site