Review of the p4g8x motherboard?

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Review of the p4g8x motherboard?

Postby jmstacey » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:18 pm

I would like to see a review of the p4g8x or p4g8x Dulexe motherboard by Asus. Probably the Dulexe because it has all the extra features like Raid, sata etc. :D
-Jon-
jmstacey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Valour » Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:26 pm

It ain't out yet!
"The proverb says that Providence protects children and idiots. This is really true. I know because I have tested it." -Mark Twain

I wrote this book: www.herotale.com
And here's the next one: www.emeraldblackbird.com
Valour
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby jmstacey » Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:24 pm

What do you mean its not out yet. I found 3 dealers at pricewatch.com that were selling it for around $230
-Jon-
jmstacey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Valour » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:22 pm

jmstacey2000 wrote:What do you mean its not out yet. I found 3 dealers at pricewatch.com that were selling it for around $230
-Jon-

Yeah, and you can also find dealers that are "selling" Seagate Serial ATA drives. Call them up and see for yourself -- those vendors are taking preorders to ship "when available."

-Jem
"The proverb says that Providence protects children and idiots. This is really true. I know because I have tested it." -Mark Twain

Valour
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby jmstacey » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:24 pm

OKay, I beleive you.
There is one sad thing about the board that I noticed in the specs. It only take up to ddr 2100 I believe thats rather behind the times don't you think?
-Jon-
jmstacey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Valour » Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:53 am

I thought that was a little strange myself, but it really depends on what they can do with the "dual-channel" part of the equasion. I'll have to see it before I make any guesses as to its performance.

-Jem

Valour
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

If not now when? and what if not why.

Postby Tablesawed » Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:41 pm

So if it isnt out yet (P4G8X) has Asus or anybody else for that matter given us a clue when the P4G8X Deluxe will ship?

What the heck is the Blue Magic PCI slot? I've done some looking around and came up with squat.

Is the gigabit LAN backwards compatible with 10/100?

Have any of the hard drive companies given us a release date for their SATA drives. I guess the SATA question is almost good enough for its own post but, it plugs into the P4g8x so I included it :D

Have a nice day

Thanks

Ps. Nitrous is Kick Ass!
Just because your not paranoid dosen't mean they're not after you.

If you are reading this thank a teacher, since it's in English thank a soldier.
Tablesawed
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: If not now when? and what if not why.

Postby Valour » Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:12 pm

Tablesawed wrote:So if it isnt out yet (P4G8X) has Asus or anybody else for that matter given us a clue when the P4G8X Deluxe will ship?

What the heck is the Blue Magic PCI slot? I've done some looking around and came up with squat.

Is the gigabit LAN backwards compatible with 10/100?

Have any of the hard drive companies given us a release date for their SATA drives. I guess the SATA question is almost good enough for its own post but, it plugs into the P4g8x so I included it :D

Have a nice day

Thanks

Ps. Nitrous is Kick Ass!

There is no release date for any E7205 board. Blame Intel.

The Blue Magic slot is a normal PCI slot that also accepts a card that Asus makes that does some kind of Bluetooth connectivity. I don't know if the card is available or if it is directly compatible with a Bluetooth standard.

Gigabit LAN is 10/100/1000 -- it is compatible with 10/100.

No release date for SATA drives yet. Only speculation.

-Jem

Valour
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site