Rankings - Tyan & SuperMicro

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Rankings - Tyan & SuperMicro

Postby jaco » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:21 am

I noticed that neither Tyan nor SuperMicro made it into the rankings. Is that because they are really that bad, or because you just haven't reviewed their boards? I have used used products from both companies and found them to be outstanding server mobos.
jaco

Tyan and Supermicro

Postby Petey970Z » Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:18 am

I installed two Tyan 400's awhile back and had to uninstall them and they now sit in the motherboard boxes they came in. Just not stable enough for hard use in business applications for some reason.
My SuperMicro's are very stable and I like em alot because they are excellent in every day use. Never got a "panic call" on a Supermicro.
I bought the Tyan MB's because they were on clearance at Best Buy, that should have told me something at the time.,, 2 for the price of one...LOL
Petey sends......
Petey970Z
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tolemac » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:39 am

Ya got what ya paid for Petey! :P

jaco, we have not reviewed any of the mobos from Tyan or SuperMicro since the introduction of the ranking chart. If we do review them, they will find their place there.
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site