Elements N2PAP-Ultra (Elements has left the planet) Help Ple

A place where the most common PC questions are already answered for you.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Elements N2PAP-Ultra (Elements has left the planet) Help Ple

Postby BilboBaggins524 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:43 am

Can anyone direct me to info on my Elements N2PAP-Ultra board. As far as documentation all I ever got 2004, was a 3 page printout with features...not tech specs or diagrams. It has Nforce 2 SPP North Bridge, MCP South Bridge, 462 socket for my AMD Anthlon XP 2600...

My original disk is sort of dead end, Got Nforce 2 original drivers from 2002, and have had to guess and trial and error with different drivers, Windows XP does not match my details correctly, and so their driver suggestions are about 50% useable, the others I uninstall and start trying parts, various drivers usually Nvidia works better but guessing is better for game shows...not my PC.

Thanks for any help.
The last way I contacted Elements was www(dot)elements-pc(dot)com in 2003 or 4 and then they left (no forwarding address).
BilboBaggins524
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:21 am

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
Your query would be better served if in the Motherboards ID folder.. but let a Mod choose to move it, if needed. But please don't double-post.
The Elements brand was one of many that was "here and gone" in the motherboard industry shuffle. But likely it was made by ECS, MSI or another known company. If you look on eBay in Computers and Networking, you may find a physical match to your board. Look especially for AMD Socket 462.
I found no links for that specific model. But there may be a chance that another brand is identical to yours, and drivers would also work.
If your original driver disk is not severely damaged, there are repair kits that can renew the data surface.. such as Skip Dr..
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:24 pm

I can't find any info on the board, other than places that sell RAM for it. I AM finding that both J-Mark and Jetway made motherboards with that exact name, and from what I can find, they look very similar......worth a shot to try searching for those, Jetway is still in business, and you can't really hurt anything installing the wrong driver, you'll just get a Windows error.

Place to start, anyway.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to MBHW Q&A