MOTHERBOARDS

A place where the most common PC questions are already answered for you.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

MOTHERBOARDS

Postby tfab25 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 am

I THOUGHT I HAD PICKED UP PRITTY QUICKLY HOW TO PUT TOGETHER A PC, All i need to do is connect the psu,cpu,hard drives,optical drives etc etc.
I was really happy with myself that i had learned all this in a few days.....that was until i tried to order myself a motherboard. Then i had to know which cpu accomodated which socket, cpu type,cpu count,memory type,chipset,agp,sata yadda yadda. I felt like bursting into tears.

As ordering the wrong componenent has a knock on effect on all the other components it gave me a slight nervous breakdown and i realised ordering a new motherboard for myself is to advanced for me.I REALLY wanna learn everything about the motherboard and make myself confident,is there any guidlines or places to go.I just dont see how all the components of the motherboard link up and compliment eachother,thats my problem.

Ive read every tutorial available,should i just keep reading.
This motherboard carry on has brought me back down to earth with a bump.i know nothing about computers.

Thank you so much.

teddy
tfab25
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:59 am

Question 1: What is the system going to be used for?
Question 2: What is your budget?
Question 3: What kind of system have you been using up to now?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

evasive

Postby tfab25 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:52 am

Well,thats the thing evasive. It was all hypotheticall,Yes i am wanting to overhaul my exsisting computer but maybe not for a while. I am wanting to learn about computers ,CAREER CHANGE.And so was wanting to know the ins and outs so to speak.Maybe in futur to repair and build pc's from scratch.I am making some progress,but very slow and stressful progress.
I would be mostly using my computer for video editing,My budget would be roughly £600. My system up to now has just been a refurbished pice of junk from pc world,quite old.
tfab25
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:14 am

If you want to learn all about computers for a career change I think it's best to think over what exactly you want to do. There's many many different jobs in this field. There are many different courses you can follow.

Here's an example:
http://www.ptr.co.uk/comptia-accelerated-a+-course.html
that is 1475 quid ex VAT.

The other way could be to keep on reading about the stuff indeed. Have you been to the tech-planations section here yet?
http://www.motherboards.org/articles/te ... tions.html
There's a few articles about basic motherboards and some specific about slots and stuff.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

thanks evasive

Postby tfab25 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 am

Cheers evasive :D ,A+ is exactly the kinda course im wanting to aim for.I am gonna enroll.Not at that exact thread but i can get it cheaper.You should be a careers adviser.
Thanks again for your help. :P
tfab25
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:22 am

Actually I should have contacted one long ago, I'm planning on going freelance myself pretty soon...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to MBHW Q&A