overclocking PII 233

Techniques, tips, and advice for the performance PC enthusiast on overclocking.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

overclocking PII 233

Postby steve~21 » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:44 pm

Hi its me again, I know the only way to do this is the FSB. When I looked in my motherboard manual I thought where it said on "JP3" if you open it you will run @ 100Mhz. and that would put me @ 350 on my cpu speed. I looked at "JP3" and it is open. but my pc says I'm at 66. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks.
steve~21
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Toby B. » Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:54 pm

We are going to need more info on the motherboard to help you get this one figured out. You said it was an intel board.......Do you know any other info? Computer make/model. Any inf on the board? Do you have a picture availible of the motherboard? If you have access to a picture availible please email it to Hardware Junkie so he can post it here, and we can go from there. I see that this is the same board that you asked about on another post in this forum. For future reference when you start a topic on a board, and you have new questions on the same issue you can just continue on with the original post instead of starting a new topic.

Toby
Oh and if you send a pic to Hardware Junkie please include a the topic link ( i.e. http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1750 )
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Doc Overclock » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:03 am

I never had much luck with that CPU as far as overclocking is concerned. 8O 8O

I do not think you will get great results but I would love to be proved wrong.... :P :P :P

And a little more information on the motherboard would not hurt either!! :D :D :D :D

If the CPU does not respond to the 100MHz FSB Id would say it is not going to if you have the jumper set to that frequency.
Doc Overclock - Adventures In Electricity
Doc Overclock
Lord Of The Realm

Postby Toby B. » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:31 am

Doc,
The research I have done on the Intel PII-233 - it is only overclockerable via the FSB of the mother board. If the FSB is fixed then no overclock can be done.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

overclocking PII 233

Postby steve~21 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:12 pm

Thanks for the response. I think I will just leave it as is and let my wife have it. all she does is read junk e-mail and make cards. But I will purchase my own pc arter I read some of the input you guys have on that subject. Thinking about the new intel boards. any suggestions? Thanks again.
steve~21
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Overclockers Anonymous